Baby Showers
Options

Who pays?

OK, this sounds like an obvious question, but to me at least the answer isn't very clear. ?When a friend/relative hosts a shower for you, what costs do he/she typically cover, or does "hosting" simply refer to putting in the blood/sweat/tears associated with planning (which is, of course, equally valuable)? ?I expect this varies according to the friend, etc. and where it is. ?For me, we're having a medium sized coed shower (with maybe 30 people or so) thrown by a good friend of mine at a local nice pizza/italian restaurant. ?Thanks for your advice!

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerimageBabyFruit Ticker

Re: Who pays?

• Options
    The person hosting the shower pays for everything. They could ask people for help if they needed, but you should be left completely out of it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imageKflie83:
    The person hosting the shower pays for everything. They could ask people for help if they needed, but you should be left completely out of it.

Agreed. ?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks!
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerimageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Yep - hosts pay! This is one of many reasons why the mom-to-be should have limited involvement with the planning beyond general ideas and the guest list.
  • Options

The person or people hosting the shower pays for everything.  If your parents or DH's parents want to help financially then they need to approach the hostess.  The hostess/es do all the work as well.

• Options
    The person hosting pays. That is their gift to you. Around here if someone has a connections like wine or flowers then they lend a hand.
    Life is either a daring adventure or it is nothing at all. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    host pays for it!
  • Options

The host(s) pay for everything. If it's one person, they foot the bill entirely. If it's multiple people, they may split it up by who buys what, or just each pays X% of the total.?

You shouldn't pay a dime, nor should any of the guests (non-hosts). ?

Contemplating the snow.
    Mes Petit Choux
    imageimageimage
    I can't go back to yesterday - because I was a different person then. ~ Alice

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"