Alabama Babies

Just Wondering???

I know everyone is different I was just wondering how long it took ya'll to get pregnant after coming off BC??

Re: Just Wondering???

• I came off BCP in July and found out I was pregnant the first weekend in November.
  • 3 months.
  • Loading the player...
  • I got off BC 5 months before we started trying.  Once we started trying it took 8 months. 
  • I have a friend that got pregnant right after she got off BCP!! I dont' think she's normal though! haha! Just wanted to see what the norm was!

• I got off of them in October we didn't try in November and I got KU the beginning of December. My ob said that I should wait a month after getting off to establish a baseline menstrual to date from. hth

Pregnancy Ticker

• With Ava, two months...with Mia I was on the pill.
  • 2 months.

DD born 8/24/07
    TTC #2 since 4/09
    Unexplained Secondary IF
    4 failed rounds of clomid ~ 4 failed IUIs ~ 1 m/c
    2/3/11: IUI #5 - Femara/Follistim/Ovidrel/Crinone = BFP (2/14)!!!
    Beta #1 (12dpiui): 53 Beta #2 (14dpiui): 203 Beta #3 (20dpiui): 3932 Beta #4 (28dpiui): 60,775
    1st U/S (3/3): 2 sacs & yolks 2nd U/S (3/8) 2 heartbeats-TWINS!
    Baby A:6w6d HR 131 Baby B:6w4d HR 124
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    TWINS!! EDD 10/25/2011
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • imageKellieRay:

I have a friend that got pregnant right after she got off BCP!! I dont' think she's normal though! haha! Just wanted to see what the norm was!

Same here! A friend got off the pill to TTC was pregnant by the end of the month. She then had to wonder if she actually got pregnant ON the pill instead of when she stopped it. Itwas weird. It definitely isn't the norm.

I think it really depends given that everyone adjusts going back to a 'normal' cycle at different rates after they stop. I think that generally, up to a year of TTC is actually normal.You only have about a 20-25% chance of concieving at the right time each month.

(and yeah, I'm not pregnant yet. Just love TCOYF as a resource! :)?

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • imagestarsmaycollide:
    imageKellieRay:

I have a friend that got pregnant right after she got off BCP!! I dont' think she's normal though! haha! Just wanted to see what the norm was!

Same here! A friend got off the pill to TTC was pregnant by the end of the month. She then had to wonder if she actually got pregnant ON the pill instead of when she stopped it. Itwas weird. It definitely isn't the norm.

I think it really depends given that everyone adjusts going back to a 'normal' cycle at different rates after they stop. I think that generally, up to a year of TTC is actually normal.You only have about a 20-25% chance of concieving at the right time each month.

(and yeah, I'm not pregnant yet. Just love TCOYF as a resource! :) 

I've been reading TCOYF also!! I am really enjoying it!!

• I wasn't on BC, but it took us 7 months before getting pregnant. 
  • imageKellieRay:

Actually, with my first, I had just gotten off BC b/c I was planning to change to something different.  Obviously, I was NOT at all TTC (I wasn't married and I was still in college!), but I pretty much got pregnant immediately after stopping BC.  I've heard that your hormones are actually higher right when you stop and so it is fairly common to become preggers.

• 4 months
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker

m/c 05/2009
    DD born 8/9/10
    TTC #2 since 8/2012
    CP 12/2012
    dx MFI 10/2013
    Surprise BFP 11/6/2013  EDD 7/19/2014
    Beta #1 15 dpo HCG 355 Prog 30.9
    Beta #2 22 dpo HCG 8147 Prog 18.8
    Beta #3 29 dpo HCG 44580 Prog 29.8

• imageFutureMrsWagner:
    imageKellieRay:

Actually, with my first, I had just gotten off BC b/c I was planning to change to something different.  Obviously, I was NOT at all TTC (I wasn't married and I was still in college!), but I pretty much got pregnant immediately after stopping BC.  I've heard that your hormones are actually higher right when you stop and so it is fairly common to become preggers.

Well that makes sense! We were all like wow!! She must be fertile myrtle!!!

• I finished my December pack, but used condoms through the end of my April cycle.  I got pregnant on the first try in May.
    Allie ~ 01/26/09 ~ 7 lbs, 9 oz ~ 20.75 in. & Amelia ~ 03/16/11 ~ 8 lbs, 1 oz ~ 21 in.

• I stopped BC, charted to avoid for a while, then got pg on our first cycle TTC.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I was off the pill for about 3 months before we started trying, then it took me 9 cycles to get pg.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"