Adoption

Update

Thank you all for being here for me. I appreciate it more than words. We haven't shared anything with family yet about this situation (except my mom), and I really just needed a place I let it all out!

Without over-sharing too many details:

Healthy baby boy born two days ago. His birth mom is a beautiful person and accomplished. She has been caring for the baby in the hospital after her discharge. She has not named the baby and wishes for us to do so on the birth certificate.

We spent the evening talking with social workers and lawyers (hers and ours). The baby is due to be discharged to the birth mom tonight but she is now not answering her phone. If she does not pick up the baby, I assume foster care may occur.

We are packed and ready to travel but have been told to wait until they can reach her again, she did want to talk with us on the phone before meeting us. So we will be back on travel-alert again in the morning. The drive is about 6 hours.

Again thank you all for your thoughts, wishes, and advice!

Re: Update

• My thoughts are with you, fingers and toes crossed that this is it.
  • It's all so excited but also so nerve wracking!  I'm so glad you posted an update; I was on just to check and see if you did:) 

Sending all my good thoughts your way!

"Our children are not ours because they share our genes... they are ours because we have had the audacity to envision them. That, at the end of the day...or long sleepless night, is how love really works." Adoption Consultant Blog
    Personal Adoption Blog
  • Loading the player...
  • I will keep u in my prayers tonight and hope that you get your call first thing tomorrow morning.  Keep up the positive thoughts and please remember that if this is meant to be then it will be!!!  Keep us posted you know that we will all be crazy waiting for your next post!
  • Thank you for the update! I was thinking about you after I read your earlier post! I'll say some prayers for you and your husband!!!

• Oh, this is so exciting! I read your post earlier on my blackberry, but I could not respond from there.  I am so happy for you.  Fingers and toes are crossed!!!
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • I'm so happy you checked in with an update! Lots of positive vibes being sent to all involved!
  • Lots of good wishes and luck!  Thanks for the update!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I wish you all the best. Pls keep us posted!!!!!
    After 7 years of marriage and 5 unsuccessful IVFs, we have been granted the gift of adopting a baby boy, born 4/21/11.
  • Best wishes. I hope you get an update soon!?
  • I hope, hope, hope this works out for you!!!
    Photobucket My Favorite Part of Spring~Red Sox Baseball!
  • I've still got my fingers crossed for you.  Please send an update when you can!
  • I am on the edge of my seat with excitement!! Fingers are still crossed. Pls KUP
  • keeping my fingers and toes crossed that this all works out for you!!!!
  • Thanks so much for the update.  I hope everything goes perfectly for you!

• Good luck. Hoping you got the call! I know how crazy the born baby situation is.?
  • Good Luck, thank you for updating. You are in our prayers.
  • i am bursting with excitement for you....thanks for the update!
  • Good luck!
  • Fingers and toes crossed for you! 
  • I really hope this works out well for you.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• I read your other post and I am just bursting for you!  I truly hope this is it for you! 

I'm just finishing up the newborn phase so if you have any questions I would be happy to try and answer them. 

• OMG!!! Fingers crossed.  Keep us posted.
    ectopic 03/15/07 @ 9weeks; m/c 9.17.07 @ 6weeks ; m/c 04.02.09 @ 11weeks 1st Round of Clomid - 12/07/09; BFP 01/01/10; nonviable 01/18/10 Lilypie Premature Baby tickers image
  • Have you heard?  You have, right?  That's why your not here, right?  You are making decisions and plans, right?

Oh, I can't wait to hear.  I'm so excited for you!

• Argh...the waiting must be torture.

I'll be thinking of you all day...and saying a prayer!

image Best friends and sisters... 24 months and 16 months
  • OK i am about to get in the car and go to New Jersey....I don't know what I am going to do there but the wait is killing ME..........anyone want to take a ride with me??????
  • I'm already here, and wondering what state she might be leaving for....
  • Oh my gosh, what a crazy mix of emotions you must have!  I don't know how you'll stay calm until the call!  Best wishes, can't wait to hear another update!
  • EmmieBEmmieB member

imagekatiejo11:
    i am bursting with excitement for you....thanks for the update!

This.

Keep us posted!

• On pins and needles!  Hope all is going well.
    *TTC since February 08* 2 IUIs that didn't take, exploratory LAP and hysterscopy in September 2010 that revealed nothing, means we're adopting! Preliminary paper work to agency & started home study in 11/10 Profiles to agency on 1/12/11 - Officially waiting! First home study visit scheduled for 1/29/11 Matched (Eek!) on 1/24/11 *Sweet baby boy born on 1/26/11* Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"