3rd Trimester

So do you get offended when people tell you you're tiny?

As someone who had been pregnant before I should have known better than to even comment on her belly, but while in stride rite the cashier was VERY pregnant and I asked how far along she was she said 38 weeks, but she didn't look a day over third tri, without thinking I said "OMG you're so tiny still" she looked a little annoyed and I immediately scolded myself because she's probably sick of hearing what other people think. But it's not like I said she was huge lol...This was a long time ago, but one of those oh shiit moments that always stick with me lol. 

Re: So do you get offended when people tell you you're tiny?

• Actually, I kind of like that comment. I know the baby is not tiny, so if I don't look gigantic, then I take that as a compliment.
  • Lol! I made the same comment to a woman in my BF class. She was 39 weeks and looked the same size I was at 25 weeks. I have no idea if she was annoyed by it or not but owell.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Being called tiny is never a bad thing IMO :)?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I get this a lot from my family. In my situation it doesn't offend me it just kind of hurts a little... My LO is measuring behind and every time someone tells me I look small it makes me feel like I am doing something wrong to cause LO to be behind! The first time someone said it I actually cried because I felt like a bad mommy. Now it kinda just rolls off my shoulder!
  • I've been on the smaller side(from people's comments) though I measure normal, and at times it's been annoying.   My DH told me I shouldn't care, because I measure normal everytime I go to the docs, but yah in some way it kinda messes with your head, like you aren't doing something right or your baby isn't growing enough.   Not that people who say "You are tiny" mean that, but sometimes when people have said it, in the beginning it was kinda annoying.   I got used to it though and tried to not take it personally.
  • Kind of.  Only because its peoples automatic response anytime I complain about anything.  Just because I'm not as big as they are expecting doesnt mean that carrying 20 extra pounds up front is comfortable.. ya know!?
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Offended, no. Annoyed, yes. If the people who say I'm tiny carried around the weight, they would not be saying I'm tiny anymore.
  • I've been getting the "woah, you are huge!" kind of comments all along so when my grandma saw me at 26 weeks and said "you don't look that pregnant!" I wanted to give her a big hug :)
  • Uh, yeah...I definitely DON'T get offended when people tell me that!  I was at the grocery store yesterday and a woman asked me how far along I was; I told her I was due in a month and she freaked out!  DH came up as I was paying and she said, "Your wife is the tiniest pregnant woman I've ever seen!"  (Clearly this is not true, I feel like a huge cow - but it felt awesome to hear!)
  • I also forgot to add she was hella tall, like at least 6 foot something. When you have a long torso don't you usually look smaller? I'm a short fatty, so that's something I'd NEVER know lol!
  • Yeah, the short torso = looking bigger thing is SO true for me...I measured, and I have just over 2" between the bottom of my rib cage and the top of my hip bone...there is nowhere for my stomach to go but out!

I have a friend who is 5 weeks behind me, so she's just over 30 weeks right now and she still does not look pregnant. She's thin & tall with a long torso though.

• I have people tell me this, two just the other day in fact.  It kind of annoyed me, because it almost feels like they are saying that I should look bigger at this point... and it kind of worried me. I know the baby is growing and measuring right, so I have nothing to worry about.  I guess I should just take it as a compliment?  I am short, but I do have a long torso, so I think that may have something to do with it.
  • yes on the long torso. I think it definitely makes a difference. I am 5'11" People tell me that I don't look like I am 28 weeks, which on one hand, makes me feel okay that all of my eating has not caught up to me yet!. But on the other hand, I am convinced that people still just think that i am chubby, and not carrying a little peanut. I know, it could be worse...
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"