Parenting after a Loss

Sooo upset! (work related)

It has not been a great week at my job.

Today we had a patient come in who is 18 weeks pregnant with vag spotting.  She was very young with 2 other kids and planning on getting an elective abortion tomorrow morning.  I was absolutley disgusted with her.  I'm all about prochoice, but waiting until 18 weeks??????  Her reasoning was that she couldn't afford an abortion early on so she had to wait.  I'm crying just thinking about that poor baby.  We tried talking some sense into her, but she didn't care.  I really hope she changes her mind.

On Monday we had a girl come in who gave birth at home.  She said she had no idea she was pregnant and had only had sex 1 time in her life.  The baby was premature only weighing 3lbs.  They rushed it up to the NICU.  I can only hope that she didn't drink and smoke and do drugs and that the baby will be okay.

Why in the hell do ignorant ass people like this have no problem getting/staying pregnant?  It makes me so sick to my stomach. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: Sooo upset! (work related)

• I am surpirsed you can get an elective abortion at 18 weeks! Thats absurd and should be illegal. I am pro choice-ish too but thats ridiculous!

I am sorry you have to deal with a bunch of boneheads at work! Big hugs! You need a bubble bath!

• Yeah, I second what mrs mcistar said...I am 100% pro choice but I think that unless its a very specific case, 18 weeks is REALLY too late. I know legally they can't put limits on it, in order to protect our rights which is very important....but it is disturbing, considering what we all know about an 18 week old fetus at this point in our lives, you know? I would find that so disturbing... you have a tough job, sweetie. Hugs/
  • Loading the player...
  • i'm disgusted too.
  • 18 weeks??? ?ugh... ?that's a little baby. ?I'm sick to my stomach.?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • OMG that is horrible, it literally brought tears to my eyes.  I could never do what you do, I would be fired.
  • 18 weeks????  UGH......that makes me sick!
  • Wow, just wow.

My BIL was on a call w/ the paramedics... where a 19 year old girl tried to stage a "miscarriage" of a baby born at 26 weeks.  The girl left the bayb in the toilet.  The baby did survive.  thank God my BIL haerd a squeal coming fromt he bathroom and checked it out.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"