I'm on hold with the Dr. office to find out what to do now, but the letter states two reasons for denial:
No diagnosis of plagiocephaly and they require 2 months of physical therapy before covering it.
I feel like there is nothing we can do now. I'm going to try though. The Nuerosurgeon said they always say it is medically necessary. I have seen improvement, but her head is still lopsided. I just don't want to risk it being obvious later. She doesn't have much hair now, so it is hard to gauge how much that will help. She is only on her back or putting pressure on her head when she sleeps (usually on tummy though), in her carseat in the car or when I change her or feed her.
If money wasn't an issue at all, I would totally just pay for it and do it, but my job is unstable and we don't have much extra money anyway.