Adoption

seriously considering fostering

Dh and i are planning to attend the info meeting/first class on saturday to see if it would be right for us.  I'd love to be able to go with a traditional agency to adopt a domestic newborn.  However, due to dh being laid off and taking a much lower paying job....we just cannot do that right now.  I do know that it would be very hard to send a child home to parents ....however, I would feel blessed to be able to care for that child and give them the loving home that they deserve while I can.  We are low on income at the moment, but just have SO much love to give I can hardly stand it haha. 
1 chemical and 1 loss at 9 weeks prior to DS
IVF #1 1/10-transfered 2 blasts- DS born 10/2010

Trying for # 2 since 2012.  2 failed FETS 1 failed IUI.
IUI#2 4/14/14-- BFP !!!!! Beta #1 14dpiui= 45 Beta #2 16dpiui= 80  Beta #3 18dpiui= 88 (chemical pregnancy)
March 2015- Chemical pg

1/25/16- BFP  Beta1 12dpo = 17, Beta 2 14 dpo = 28.. resulted in one beautiful boy born 9/21/16 :)

Now I'm a stay at home loving life and pursuing my love of photography!!!

Re: seriously considering fostering

• oh and i fogot to mentiont hat I'M SO EXCITED to get this process started.....i can't wait to have a little person to care for and play with :)
    1 chemical and 1 loss at 9 weeks prior to DS
    IVF #1 1/10-transfered 2 blasts- DS born 10/2010

Trying for # 2 since 2012.  2 failed FETS 1 failed IUI.
    IUI#2 4/14/14-- BFP !!!!! Beta #1 14dpiui= 45 Beta #2 16dpiui= 80  Beta #3 18dpiui= 88 (chemical pregnancy)
    March 2015- Chemical pg

1/25/16- BFP  Beta1 12dpo = 17, Beta 2 14 dpo = 28.. resulted in one beautiful boy born 9/21/16 :)

Now I'm a stay at home loving life and pursuing my love of photography!!!
  • We, like you guys could not possibly afford domestic adoption.  Well, we could if we saved for a few years but after alot of conversations and lengthy discussions we settled on foster to adopt. 

My only advice is to look into whether you're going through an agency or going through the state. I'd talk to both and decide which one fits your family better. I know there are beneifits/cons to each one and that differs from state to state.

Good luck! Let us know how the meeting goes tomorrow!

• Loading the player...
  • It is a good first step. I am in full support of foster/adopt...even though we knew the BM in my case, it is likely we will foster/adopt one more time. Congrats on the next step!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"