Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

We're on the lookout for chicken not pork

Just found out ds was exposed to chicken pox on Sunday.  We were at a family party for my niece's baptism.  One of the toddlers, who was actually vaccinated for it, started showing spots on Monday.  There were actually five families with infants under 1 there so we're all on the lookout.  I'm not too worried and if it happens, it happens.  The annoying part is the mom of the little one who broke out with it didn't call my sil.  Fortunately, their kids go to the same day care and it was them that called sil.  Otherwise we may not have found out. 

I know it isn't a huge deal, but I'd hate to see ds come down with it and be sick or uncomfortable.  

Re: We're on the lookout for chicken not pork

• Options
    The weird thing is that some kids 'shed' the virus after being vaccinated for it if it is a live virus, as chicken pox is. I've heard of this happening before. Hope your LO doesn't have to be uncomfortable and sick! ?How annoying that she didn't call to let her know what was going on.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

That sucks she didn't call you, and I have also heard about "shedding".  So--a part of me would be pissed.

But then another part of me would kind of welcome getting the pox (::stepping into flame retardant suit::) b/c I'd rather Parker get the real thing than the vaccine.  BUT not at 7 months.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    image1MusicMaker:

That sucks she didn't call you, and I have also heard about "shedding".? So--a a part of me would be pissed.

But then another part of me would kind of welcome getting the pox (::stepping into flame retardant suit::) b/c I'd rather Parker get the real thing than the vaccine.? BUT not at 7 months.

I feel the same way. Our LO will not be receiving the vaccine until she is at an age where it becomes dangerous to have chicken pox, i.e. teenage years.?

• Options
    DD just got the CP shot at 1yr appt this week and our pedi did explain the shedding scenerio however did not say that it would happen or when.. so, theres really nothing that mom could had done differently if her LO wasnt already showing signs of having it.. right? I mean, now I feel like I am ""that mom"" cause I still take my DD out to playdates, etc even though she has no symptoms of it, how do I know that she would even spread it or when..?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"