Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

jury duty

Ugh. I am hoping and praying that they accept my request for excusal from jury duty. I seriously don't know who would watch DS. I'd be on call for the month of June. I can't imagine they would allow him to come with me. Anyone else have to ask to be excused from jury duty? Did they allow it? I know it varies from state to state. I am in NH.

Re: jury duty

• I've heard that the primary care giver for a child under a certain age will be excused.

I've never been called and hope that I never am.

DD#1 4/3/2008 TTC in 2012
  • in our jurisdiction (and most) you cannot get excused unless you are over 70 years old, have a felony, or have a doctor's note stating you are unable to serve for whatever reason - we usually see a lot of 'anxiety' related or 'can't sit for a long period of time' excuses. If it would cause you great hardship you can ask for a postponement - we will postpone for 3 months max.
    I got pregnant with PCOS after many years of IF! Thank you Lord! Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    m/c 11/2/09
    *in da bag so far: D90|nikon 18-200|50mm f/1.8|sb700*
  • Loading the player...
  • It should say on your summons.  I'm in Los Angeles county and just got excused last month as I'm the sole care-giver of a child 5 or under.
  • I am in IL and my request to be excused was granted.  It didn't say anything on my summons...only to write a letter if being on a jury would cause you great hardship.  Being a SAHM and having no one to watch my 10 month old DD was what my letter said.  Good luck!
    DD~6 years old~born June 6, 2008 (1st grade)
    DS~4 years old~born November 6, 2010 (1st year of preschool)
  • I just got a letter for Federal jury duty where you're on call for a month. I split childcare with my husband where the first date I was assigned was fine but if it was a different day during the month I might not be able to go. I called the number on the form and they said that I should request to be excused becuase of childcare and that the date could be anytime during the month. I was able to request online and received my email that I've been excused. I'm in Florida.
    imageLilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"