Parenting

S#it. 2 confirmed cases of piggy flu in Virginia.

#6#6 member

Im not a panic type of person but I havent really even thought much about the flu until now.  Im mostly worried because Dh is the type to panic and he is going to want to keep us all cooped up in the house.  I cant miss work and L only has 2.5wks of school left.  I dont feel the need to do any of this.  I dont think dh knows yet but I know how he thinks.  We made an ER visit yesterday because Kaydance cut her knee on a piece of glass.  Mind you this is a teeny tiny cut that only bled until I wiped it, sprayed it with Neosporin and put a band aid on it.  He still wanted to take her because he didnt know where the glass came from or what could be on it.  We got there and the dr basically asked him what he wanted him to do for her knee since I already did basic first aid and thats all it needed.  Luckily they didnt charge us because the dr. looked at it in the waiting room and did nothing.  He told dh the same thing I did.  Keep it clean and make sure it doesnt get infected. 

Anyways, Im more concerned about how dh is going to freak out about this.  Just to make sure, all we really need to do is keep up on washing hands and watch for flu like symptoms and then call the dr?  The 2 cases were in eastern Va and in centural va.  We live in southwest va.  So, its is kinda close but not really.  I think I may start to be more worried if it spreads within 2hrs of us. 

Is my thinking too laid back?  Should I at least be worried/concerned?   

Re: S#it. 2 confirmed cases of piggy flu in Virginia.

• Well, the swine flu is most likely going to spread to most of the US. The cases in the US have mostly been very mild though. I'm a bit worried because my mom, DS, and myself are all considered "high risk" if we get the flu. But otherwise, it's just like the regular flu -- it runs its course in a few days.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"