High-Risk Pregnancy

RP: Factor V Leiden

I posted this on the 2 tri but thought maybe someone on here might have some experience with this?

Anybody else have this?

I just  found out yesterday that I have it....I guess its a good thing to know for current/future pregnancies and surgeries.

I am little nervous because I am probably going to have C/S again and the whole surgery things scares me a bit.  I see my Dr next Friday so I will get to ask her a lot of questions then.  I was doing some reading on the internet and its talks about some of the risks in pregnancy which I didn't even know about - I already have a DVT but I didn't know about the pre e risks and others.  Kind of scary, trying to not get too worried about this diagnosis....

Re: RP: Factor V Leiden

• I should also note I am on Lovenox twice daily.  Tomorrow i go to have another ultrasound on my leg to see if my blood clot is completely gone so I can go down to one shot a day - YAY! 

• Hi, there!  I don't have Factor V (this is one of the many things I tested negative for--see my reply to seniah_05's post), but since I've had a clot in my leg and my dad has clotting problems, too, I've done tons of research.  Feel free to private message me if you have questions!

I'm on Lovenox, too (once a day as a preventive measure). 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I posted above because I saw that first and gave my whole story. I have Factor V Leiden and never had an episode found out because my Mom did before I was pg. I was on Lovenox 2 times daily my whole pg as a preventive message. You may want to think about staying on twice daily especially if you have had the problem already. I didn't have a csection because my dr said because of the risk we would avoid it as much as possible.  I was induced 3 weeks early to make sure I didn't go into labor on Lovenox. I also have 2x weekly growth ultrasounds and nst to make sure everything was developing well. Other than that I had a very uneventful pg when I was finally being treated properly. Feel free to ask me anything I love to be helpful and I see my hemo June and if all goes well I go to once a year until I decide to get pg again. I am no longer on any blood thinner but was for extended time because of bfing my hormones took a little while to go back down to normal.
    Addison Elizabeth
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Carter James
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I have it too and was very worried about all of the risks.  I was originally told before pregnancy and at the beginning that the baby would likely miscarry within the first few weeks, and that I could also get more clots.  I do know that a c-section would be a real risk due to the higher chance of clotting.  I still worry about the birth too, I do the lovenox 2 times a day, and still worry that I could bleed to death at delivery or get a clot afterwards sometime.  I didn't take blood thinners or anything when I was preggo with my son 5 years ago because my factor V wasn't active yet, and when I had him, I hemorraged so bad I almost had a transfusion.  I'm sure all will be fine, because I have heard from a bunch of other ladies with it that they had good pregnancies adn healthy babies, but you can't help but worry about the what if's.  This is my third pregnancy, and even thought I am really high risk due to this, and have to go through all the docs, and injections, and weekly u/s's, it has seriously been my easiest pregnancy.
  • Thanks Ladies - its nice to hear other's stories and know that you aren't the only one going through this and wondering about the what if's too.

I am definitely bringing a list of questions to my OB appt next Friday so I can feel a little better about all of this.

I haven't heard back from the hematologist yet about my US yesterday (my blood clot is now gone) so I am not sure if he wants me to go to one shot - he made it sound like if its gone he just wants me on a preventative dosage.

I currently tak 80mg 2X daily.  It would be nice to only inject once a day but not at the risk of anything happening!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"