Working Moms
Options

I quit!

That's what I will be saying to my boss here very soon. I can't wait. My husband has finally agreed to let me stay home and make money!! Yeah!! I can't quit though until the baby arrives in september. I hope I can make it through my job till then. I can't wait to leave that place. 

Re: I quit!

• Options

Seriously, stop posting here. None of us are interested in your work at home united stuff, we all have real jobs/careers. I see you are becoming more discreet about trying to lure us, though, LOL.

(Ladies, she's the same one who has posted about her "great work at home opportunity" several times before.)

• Options
    Uh I am new to the bump. I'm not trying to get anyone to join anything. I'm just spreading my good news. Sorry that I got to excited I guess. I didn't post anything about someone inquiring about job opportunity. I was just excited that my husband is letting me quit my job. Geez, I didn't know people were so mean on here. Sorry if you or anyone elso got the wrong impression of me. I won't be posting on here anymore anyways because I get to qiut my 9-5 job!! So yeah for me!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Lame Lame Lame. Thanks for letting us know alisonada. She should keep her work-at-home United postings to the other boards. Alisonada is correct in that we have careers on this site! Also, I love the "i get to quit right away but then after the baby is born." WTF?
  • Options
    Good for you. Post this on the SAHMs board and join that group. You certainly aren't a working mom.
  • Options

Wow! I was hoping ot meet NICE new people on here. Anyway I can't quit until I have my baby because I have to have my work pay for my maternity leave. We aren't that financially stable. I make the most money in my family right now and carry insurance because mine was the cheapest. but my husband knows how much I hate my job. I've hated it before I got pregnant.  I was  terrified about sending my baby to a daycare and the daycare expenses are outragous!! Thats my story ladies.

• Options

imageTheMalleys:
    Good for you. Post this on the SAHMs board and join that group. You certainly aren't a working mom.

Don't worry, she already has. Looks like she makes money by referring others which explains why every post I've seen from her mentions her working at home...

https://community.thebump.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/14880824.aspx

• Options
    We're not being mean, just skeptical of the work-from-home promotions on this site. Especially, since the women here are settled in their out-of-home work careers and a work-from-home business isn't a match over here.
  • Options

So you are stupid enough to give up a paid positon with insurance so you can make pennies doing some crappy menial labor stuff at home?

Have fun!

• Options
    imagetdlaws:

Anyway I can't quit until I have my baby because I have to have my work pay for my maternity leave.

Niiiiiice.  Women like you give working moms a bad rap.

• Options
    image2more2go:
    imagetdlaws:

Anyway I can't quit until I have my baby because I have to have my work pay for my maternity leave.

Niiiiiice.  Women like you give working moms a bad rap.

If I could quit my job now I would. We can't afford to pay for the whole hospital delivery without insurance (who can). So I don't think I'm giving any working moms a bad rap. Trust me I would do it all differently if I could. This has been the only job that I have ever had that I have ever been so unhappy.  To me it's not worth making good money and being unhappy for the rest of my life or my families life. I understand that you have to make a living to get through life which is why I am going to try my hardest to do that at home. I know I won't stay at home forever, but it's the best decision for my family and my husband supports it. Thats what matters. I high five ALL working moms, especially the single ones. Iv'e been there and man it's hard!! I'm trying to look into taking care of children in my home as extra income as well. I need to get more input and advice on this before I go through with anything. If anyone is nice enough to offer that and not want to be rude to me then I would really appreciate if you have any positive advice to give. Thanks!!

• Options

Wait, you're not going to have medical insurance after the baby is born? You DO realize that babies have a tendency to get sick, and that hospital stays are pretty normal because, you know, babies are FRAGILE?

If anything but the best case scenario happens, you could bankrupt yourself.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

No we will have insurance. My husband will put us all on his when he has open enrollment. We will not be without insurance. Sorry, I have a hard time explaining myself fully.

• Options
    My work requires you to come back for a certain amount of time after your maternity leave or they will not pay for your maternity leave. Same goes for the hospital bill. They can refuse to pay it if you just quit after your leave.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"