Parenting
Options

Like this one..

Read this story!

It was May 31, 2007. My father-in-law came over to mow the lawn and Isaac followed him. I was inside doing laundry and folding clothes. I checked on Isaac through my bedroom window and saw that he was playing with his cars. I went and got the load of laundry out of the dryer and set it on the bed when I realized that I didn't hear Isaac anymore. I called out for him and there was no answer so I got up and ran outside. My husband had purchased a waddling pool which was half filled by this time and from the back door I just looked over into the pool (never imagining in a million years) that my baby would be in there. I looked over and saw nothing. I panicked and asked my father-in-law if he had seen Isaac and he said he hadn't seen him in a couple of minutes but he was mowing the lawn so he couldn't hear or see anything. I ran inside and yelled out to Ceasar and Jenny to help me look for the baby. We ran around inside the house looked in the bathrooms, bedrooms, closets, behind the couches, etc... NOTHING! I ran outside and asked one of the kids outside if they had seen a little boy and he said "no". I knew something was not right. I then started heading back into the house and just felt sick to my stomach and I ran out to the patio and up to the pool and saw my baby's body floating in the water. I SCREAMED! I picked him up and screamed for help. My father-in-law couldn't hear me. My kids were right next to me and they were so panicked they were jumping up and down screaming and screaming. I layed Isaac on the floor and I knew my baby was gone. There was no doubt about it, my angel was gone. I started CPR and then picked him and ran around the house screaming with my baby in my arms. I couldn't find a phone. My daughter found the phone, handed it to my son and he called 911 and were on the line. Within 2 minutes the Sheriff's were here and Sheriff Hall took over and started CPR. At this point, my son... only 11 at the time, called everybody on his cell phone. I don't know how but I got hold of my dad and he was already on his way. My dad ran inside and I remember just throwing myself at him and telling him that Isaac was gone, he had drowned. My dad held me and told me he would be ok. He told the paramedics to please save my baby. We tried calling my husband but there was no answer. My son finally got hold of my husband and told him what had happened. My husband ran outside saying "NO! NO!" The paramedics and officers got my son's heart beating and they drove him to the local hospital. I begged for them to let me drive with my baby and they told me I couldn't because they needed to work on my son. Sheriff Hall drove me and my husband to the hospital and they had all the intersections blocked from traffic from my home to the entrance of the hospital so that my son could get there fast.

Upon arrival my son intubated, and was not reacting to light and was not breathing on his own. He layed there, lifeless with gray colored skin. I cried and cried and prayed and prayed. Me and Rod just held each other asking God to not take him from us. I asked one of the doctors if my son was going to make it and he said "I don't know, your son is very, very sick". I just about died!

My son had to be airlifted to Children's Hospital. Before leaving the doctor took me into a room and told me that my son was in really bad condition and might die. He told me that Isaac may not even make it through the trip to Children's Hospital. He asked me what he wanted me to do in that case and I said "Get him there, my husband is on his way there now. Atleast so my husband can see his son alive on more time". My dad was in the room with me and he broke down and begged the doctor to do everything in his power to save his life.

Isaac's story is never-ending. However, it is more than a year later and even though he got a tracheostomy and a g-tube, he is home and has been home since August 2007 and does not require oxygen,and breathes room air. He did wake up from his coma about 2 1/2 months later and has surpassed all the doctors expectations. HIs diagnosis was always "Persistent Vegetative State". He can now see, he passed his hearing test, he moves his head, his arms, legs, is starting to wiggle his toes, looks around for people who talk to him. Even though people say that the child I had is gone, I refuse to believe that. My son is in there... I know that! Isaac loved his daddy and loves him now. If daddy gets home and doesn't say hi.... uh oh.. Isaac makes daddy know that he NEEDS to come over and say hi. He's sooo silly : )

Thank you to all our family and friends who have been there for Isaac and all the prayers our baby is receiving. We continue praying every day for miracles and will never give up.

Isaac's Mommy is Alie...

Isaac is the  baby and he has his older brother Ceasar (13 yrs. old) and his big sister Jenny (9 yrs. old).  They both love him very, very much and are a tremendous help.  Plus, Isaac is very spoiled by his daddy (Rod) and he loves the attention he gets from him.  : )

Re: Like this one..

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"