Eco-Friendly Family
Options

"organic" changing pad

Is this worth it?

I can't find any reviews of the ones available. I suspect the one from Naturepedic would be the best one but I don't really know what I'm evaluating. Do the little people spend enough time on there to be concerned about it (I am purchasing a Naturepedic matttess though)?

imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker Peeper Summarized

Re: "organic" changing pad

• Options
    luvlieKluvlieK member
    I don't think it is as important. ?Mattresses get a lot more use and?consecutive?hours of use. ?I would say buy a regular one and wrap it.
    47 months &
    11 months
  • Options
    I agree you probably get more value from an organic mattress. ?I have an organic changing pad. ?I think it's Serta (or is it Sealy?) ?I got it from Babies R Us. ?It's the only organic one that they carry.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I think the Naturepedic one is the only one that doesn't have vinyl (it has the polyethylene that ziplocs are made of). But it's $100, money that seems silly to spend (for me) on a changing pad. Even the Serta "organic" one didn't seem good to me because at the end of the day, it's wrapped in vinyl!!! So for now, I've decided to go without a changing pad. I am planning to use a combination of toddler-sized GMD prefold cloth diapers and an organic cotton "keep me dry" pad from Carter's (it says 100% cotton, so I'm not sure how waterproof it is, but at least it doesn't have vinyl), and just change baby on a bed or on the floor.

If this doesn't work out then I will find a used changing pad for cheap - hopefully the off-gassing will have passed and I don't think it will be any more toxic than a new "organic" one. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"