Baby Names

Is Hudson getting too popular?

We really want to find a unique name for our baby boy, who will be here in August. I love Hudson, but am worried that it is getting too trendy! Any thoughts or other unique names to share?

Thanks -  

Re: Is Hudson getting too popular?

• I like it, and I don't think that it will be overly trendy. If you and your H love the name then go for it. It doesn't have the trendy 'feel' to it either.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I love it, it is so cute
  • Loading the player...
  • i too love the name Hudson!  i've also been wondering if it's becoming too popular.  i've been wondering that lately about a lot of my names! urg!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I like Hudson! I don't know anyone with the name and don't think it is getting too trendy. On my old name list, it didn't do so well, and I was surprised. It may be the family middle name we will be using that I had paired with it (Riley). I still like the name Hudson Riley, but am not sure I could get DH on board.
  • LMS05LMS05 member
    I don't like it because it's too last namey. I'm not a fan of any names that end in -son. I don't think it's very popular. I've never met a Hudson.?
  • imagesoon2Bmrspower:
    I like Hudson! I don't know anyone with the name and don't think it is getting too trendy. On my old name list, it didn't do so well, and I was surprised. It may be the family middle name we will be using that I had paired with it (Riley). I still like the name Hudson Riley, but am not sure I could get DH on board.

My friend just named her little girl Hudson Riley. Different and I love it.

• imagenooniesgal:

imagesoon2Bmrspower:
    I like Hudson! I don't know anyone with the name and don't think it is getting too trendy. On my old name list, it didn't do so well, and I was surprised. It may be the family middle name we will be using that I had paired with it (Riley). I still like the name Hudson Riley, but am not sure I could get DH on board.

My friend just named her little girl Hudson Riley. Different and I love it.

I didn't know Hudson was being used as a girls' name now too. I, of course, knew about Riley, which is why we are using it as a middle name and not a first, but I haven't heard of any girls named Hudson. Interesting.

• hudson may be popular on thenest/thebump, but i've never met anyone with the name hudson.  perhaps hudson is starting to become popular, but i wouldn't know - i only know a couple of people with small children.

• Very popular
  • i used to love this name (still do actually) but i've just heard it way too much to use it as a fn. i will probably use it as a mn.
  • I haven't really heard it used in my area. I don't think it's a bad name at all.
    Blank!
  • I am a teacher and I have yet to have a student with that name.
  • I don't think it's too popular at all at this point. 
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• berry25berry25 member
    I do think Hudson is a little trendy, but not overly so and not overly popular according to the Social Security website.  I really like the name!
  • My friend has two girls...Hudson and Hadley
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • We named our son Hudson. He is 2 1/2 y.o. now and I had the name picked for several years before I even got pg, lol, and at the time I had never heard of anyone else even using the name. However, I have noticed it used quite a bit more often lately, not crazy trendy, but definitely more prevalent. I still LOVE it anyways though!
  • I know one Hudson, and I think it's a great name. It's too popular for my tastes, but I would use it if you like it.

Other suggestions: Hamilton, Cleveland, Hayes, Norton, Holland, Harris, Hilton, Harlan, Upton, Berkeley, Langdon, Lyman, Walden, Sutton, Denton.

• I love Hudson so does my DH.  We will probably use it or Harrison.  I've only heard it once irl so I don't think it's popular or trendy
  • I really like Hudson, but DH nixed it.  I don't personally know anyone named Hudson, so I don't consider it popular.
  • I have never seen a Hudson in real life, just on the nest. There is a town Hudson, WI where my inlaws live, so first I think of the city. But that could be said for names like Paris, etc.

What about Hayes??

• nms. I always think dam.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"