Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Help please!

My dog peed on my very comfy/expensive mattress! Arrgg! Anyone has any clue how to get the stain/smell away? I googled it and some people have use vinegar, baking soda, steamer, etc. Just wondering if any of that stuff has helped someone in here.

TIA 

Re: Help please!

• Options

Ack my dog's done this from time to time and that's why I'm so happy we keep a mattress pad on! But we were changing the sheets a few days ago and I saw a yellow stain on our very comfy/expensive mattress. DH swears he doesn't know how it got there, but it's on his side...

::watches post to see how to remove stain::

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

When my pup pee'd on my comforter I took it in to the dry cleaner and let them know and they got it all washed up and stain/smell free! Not sure what they used but it must have been a miracle remover!

I have also used both vinegar & baking soda on carpet pee stains and it has seemed to do the trick!

Edit: I know Bed Bath & Beyond sells some miracle spot/stain/smell remover. Might want to check that out!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageLola2213:

When my pup pee'd on my comforter I took it in to the dry cleaner and let them know and they got it all washed up and stain/smell free!

ROFL, just take your mattress in to the dry cleaner!
  • Options
    MrsDTMrsDT member
    Use an enzyme product- you can find them at pet stores. sorry about your mattress, that sucks!
  • Options

I would sprinkle baking soda, spray some vinegar/water mix, then probably follow up with some febreeze.

?

• Options
    Peroxide is good as well.  It will get the stain out.  I would sprinkle the spot with baking soda and let it sit for 15-30 minutes then spritz with vinegar until it stops foaming. and suck up with the steamer.  I would do that first, then run the steamer with some soap then spritz the mattress one more time with vinegar and let dry.  The vinegar smell will disappear when it dries.
  • Options
    Oh, what a drag.   I had the same thing happen and from my experience the best thing to do is to have a carpet/upholstery cleaning company come out and steam clean your mattress. The company I called also treated the area with a deodorizer.  Good luck! 
  • Options
    imageLexi0402:
    imageLola2213:

When my pup pee'd on my comforter I took it in to the dry cleaner and let them know and they got it all washed up and stain/smell free!

LOL I don't think I can take the huge mattress to the dry cleaners but DH is trying the vinegar right now and he think it's doing the trick.

I'm so mad...it was on my side too! :( 

• Options
    imageLexi0402:
    imageLola2213:

c

Yeah - My stupid computer posted before I could finish typing! I was trying to say to call a local dry cleaner! They seem to know all the tricks of the trade as far as smells/stains are concerened!

Stupid bump! Embarrassed

• Options
    My dog did this...grrrr, and we have a memory foam top mattress...we used the carpet cleaner/steamer with bleach and water and then filled it with the cleaning stuff for pet mess, to get the bleach smell and any other dog piss odor off the mattress...the bleach got the yellow out immediatly and the pet cleaner made it smell all fresh and new.  The dog is not allowed on the bed anymore unless we are wide awake and with him!  I second the mattress pad, just sucks that you need to wait for the dog to pee on the bed before you invest in one of these!  GL!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    imagesazzette:
    imageLexi0402:
    imageLola2213:

LOL I don't think I can take the huge mattress to the dry cleaners but DH is trying the vinegar right now and he think it's doing the trick.

Time to turn the mattress around! Stick out tongue
  • Options

imagemooeta:
    Peroxide is good as well.  It will get the stain out.  I would sprinkle the spot with baking soda and let it sit for 15-30 minutes then spritz with vinegar until it stops foaming. and suck up with the steamer.  I would do that first, then run the steamer with some soap then spritz the mattress one more time with vinegar and let dry.  The vinegar smell will disappear when it dries.

I would second this.  Vinegar and baking soda can do wonders!

• Options
    imagesazzette:
    imageLexi0402:
    imageLola2213:

I hope comes out. Oh and dries fast. A whole new meaning to sleeping on the wet spot.

• Options
    We've had this with Cat pee before that's why we have a mattress cover.  I would invest in one and keep it on at all times.  It is much easier to throw that in the wash than to clean a spot out of the mattress
  • Options

UGH! We have the SAME problem in our house and quite honestly, me not being a dog person, well I'm paranoid about potty issues.  I'm so ready to get rid of the pooch if we get PG...I do not want to risk my baby crawlin on carpet where feces and pee might be.

Our dog just does not get it that the house is NOT his toilet.

Anywho.....we have a small hand-held bissell steam cleaner and I tell you that thing does NOT work for urine stains...I've cleaned over the same spot twice and it still stinks. HOWEVER....we have one of those Bissell steamers that is the size of a regular vacuum and it works fantastic! And actually they make a steam cleaning solution for pet stains Big Smile Also that Miracle stuff another poster mentioned works well. You can get any pet stain stuff at PETCO or PETSMART...even WalMART.

on another note....we have this cool leak proof mattress pad. It breathes but liquid can't get through it. I would suggest lookin for one of those too.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
    I LOVE MY THREE KIDS! :)
    imageimageimage
    Want great discounts?? Want to earn free Scentsy or even earn some extra money??
    Click on the logo and ask me how!
  • Options
    imageCathyMD:
    imagesazzette:
    imageLexi0402:
    imageLola2213:

I hope comes out. Oh and dries fast. A whole new meaning to sleeping on the wet spot.

I had to LOL at this. DH is sleeping on the wet spot, I hate smells! haha 

• Options
    imageLola2213:
    imageLexi0402:
    imageLola2213:

c

Yeah - My stupid computer posted before I could finish typing! I was trying to say to call a local dry cleaner! They seem to know all the tricks of the trade as far as smells/stains are concerened!

Stupid bump! Embarrassed

It's ok. At least you made me and DH laugh! 

• Options
    imageRickeyandDani:

I'm so ready to get rid of the pooch if we get PG...I do not want to risk my baby crawlin on carpet where feces and pee might be.

You are dead to me now.  This statement is inexcusable. 

• Options
    Go to the pet store and buy Natures Miracle.  That stuff works wonders!
  • Options

Thank you ladies! Your input is really appreciated. I told DH all of that and with the exception of baking soda (we don't have it in the house) he's doing everything else.

Moo - my next shopping spree will involve getting one of those covers! Too bad it took this to think about it! Oh well.

DH want me to tell you that he is NOT sleeping on the wet spot LOL So I guess we will be sleeping very tight tonight! haha

• Options

imagesare_bear:
    Go to the pet store and buy Natures Miracle.? That stuff works wonders!

Sare is wise. It is some good stuff.

Any pet owner would be smart to have some on hands at all times.

• Options
    imageRickeyandDani:

on another note....we have this cool leak proof mattress pad. It breathes but liquid can't get through it. I would suggest lookin for one of those too.

where can I get this miracle mattress pad? 

• Options
    imagesugarbeetsy:

imagesare_bear:
    Go to the pet store and buy Natures Miracle.  That stuff works wonders!

Sare is wise. It is some good stuff.

Any pet owner would be smart to have some on hands at all times.

That's included in my next shopping spree as well! Thanks! :) 

• Options
    imagemooeta:
    imageRickeyandDani:

I'm so ready to get rid of the pooch if we get PG...I do not want to risk my baby crawlin on carpet where feces and pee might be.

Believe me I wouldn't say it if it wasn't how I really felt...but finding feces and pee on our bed (and not just once or twice)...not too long after he went out for a walk?!!  I can't live like that!!!!!!!  And I don't think it's fair to leave the dog in his kennel 24-7 because of fear of him having potty problems. PLUS DH grew up having lots of dogs and said he's never had a dog have this many problems.  IF you can come up with a solution that won't cost us money we don't have.....I'm ALL EARS!!!!  WE've tried EVERYTHING....treats, putting a bell on the door, lots of walks, rubbing his nose in it.....nothign works!

imageimageimage
    Want great discounts?? Want to earn free Scentsy or even earn some extra money??
  • Options
    MrsDTMrsDT member
    imageRickeyandDani:
    imagemooeta:
    imageRickeyandDani:

Believe me I wouldn't say it if it wasn't how I really felt...but finding feces and pee on our bed (and not just once or twice)...not too long after he went out for a walk?!!  I can't live like that!!!!!!!  And I don't think it's fair to leave the dog in his kennel 24-7 because of fear of him having potty problems. PLUS DH grew up having lots of dogs and said he's never had a dog have this many problems.  IF you can come up with a solution that won't cost us money we don't have.....I'm ALL EARS!!!!  WE've tried EVERYTHING....treats, putting a bell on the door, lots of walks, rubbing his nose in it.....nothign works!

um...take the time to housebreak him? He needs to be in his kennel sometimes since that is a vital part of housebreaking. When he is out, he needs to be watched by you. When you see him about to pee, you grab him and take him outside. It takes some patience on your part but he will get it. If you are not willing to invest the time, YOU SHOULDN"T HAVE GOTTEN THE DOG!

• Options
    imagesazzette:
    imageRickeyandDani:

where can I get this miracle mattress pad? 

We got it at the place where we bought out mattress.  The store is called Custom Comfort Mattress.  We got it at the store in Mission Viejo.     Custom Comfort Mattress website . IT was bad ass....they took a glass jar of windex and put a piece of the mattress pad over it with a rubber band holding it on.  You could smell the windex but no liquid got through so it doesn't get moldy or mildew etc...and liquids can't leak through it! I'm sure you can order one if there's no store near you.  GL!

imageimageimage
  • Options
    imageMrsDT:
    imageRickeyandDani:
    imagemooeta:
    imageRickeyandDani:

um...take the time to housebreak him? He needs to be in his kennel sometimes since that is a vital part of housebreaking. When he is out, he needs to be watched by you. When you see him about to pee, you grab him and take him outside. It takes some patience on your part but he will get it. If you are not willing to invest the time, YOU SHOULDN"T HAVE GOTTEN THE DOG!

Ask your vet too.  Behavioral problems can have a medical component to them.  There are way to fix the problem, you need to learn to take time to train the dog properly and possibly even medicate if necessary to get the issue in check.   DISCARDING AN ANIMAL IS NEVER THE SOLUTION.

• Options
    imageMrsDT:
    imageRickeyandDani:
    imagemooeta:
    imageRickeyandDani:

Oh I know I know I know believe me I AGREE!  I've never had a dog and am not too keen on them.  And we did housebreak him. He's on a schedule with the kennel system.  Sometimes he'll go 8 hours in his kennel without one accident, but then DH will take him down to the park, he'll do his thing and come home and 10 or 15 mins later do it in the house! He's going to be 2. I just don't get it!!!!!!!!!! IT makes NO sense when he does it.  And like I said I refuse to spend all my time at home "watching him" when I ahve other things I need to do...I feel bad sometimes I make him sit in the kennel because I am so scared he's gonna have an accident. I NEVER wanted the dog. IT's all DH's doing! I've told him from Day 1 that I dont' want him yet he says "I"m not getting rid of my dog...there is nothign more to be said". He's always had a dog. Not to mention we have an apartment so no yard or patio for poochie. I feel BAD more then anything for our dog...I dont' hate our dog. I just cannot stand or handle all the potty accidents and what sucks is I am the one who ends up having to do all the cleaning up, feeding him, etc....cuz DH is gone a lot.  Sigh.....I suppose at one point pooch will grow on me but we're goin on year 2 and still not.

imageimageimage
  • Options
    MrsDTMrsDT member
    imageRickeyandDani:
    imageMrsDT:
    imageRickeyandDani:
    imagemooeta:
    imageRickeyandDani:

Oh I know I know I know believe me I AGREE!  I've never had a dog and am not too keen on them.  And we did housebreak him. He's on a schedule with the kennel system.  Sometimes he'll go 8 hours in his kennel without one accident, but then DH will take him down to the park, he'll do his thing and come home and 10 or 15 mins later do it in the house! He's going to be 2. I just don't get it!!!!!!!!!! IT makes NO sense when he does it.  And like I said I refuse to spend all my time at home "watching him" when I ahve other things I need to do...I feel bad sometimes I make him sit in the kennel because I am so scared he's gonna have an accident. I NEVER wanted the dog. IT's all DH's doing! I've told him from Day 1 that I dont' want him yet he says "I"m not getting rid of my dog...there is nothign more to be said". He's always had a dog. Not to mention we have an apartment so no yard or patio for poochie. I feel BAD more then anything for our dog...I dont' hate our dog. I just cannot stand or handle all the potty accidents and what sucks is I am the one who ends up having to do all the cleaning up, feeding him, etc....cuz DH is gone a lot.  Sigh.....I suppose at one point pooch will grow on me but we're goin on year 2 and still not.

This just breaks my heart :( and no, you did not housebreak him. If he was housebroken he would not go in the house. Get it? It sounds like you and your husband are just too lazy to do it. 

• Options
    imageMrsDT:
    imageRickeyandDani:
    imageMrsDT:
    imageRickeyandDani:
    imagemooeta:
    imageRickeyandDani:

This just breaks my heart :( and no, you did not housebreak him. If he was housebroken he would not go in the house. Get it? It sounds like you and your husband are just too lazy to do it. 

TOO LAZY?!! WTF?! you don't even know us....YOU are just judgemental....DH works 15 hour days and sometimes on 24 hours at a time sometimes. In fact sometimes he's in the field for 2 to 3 weeks and gets 4 hours of sleep. LAZY? I think not. When I'm working, which my days last about 10-12 hours, I"m too far away to go home and walk him. When I am home I take him down frequently and walk him.  He does it at random times....when we least expect it. Just when we think he's got a handle on not going in teh house, he does it. 

I KNOW it sounds like I just want to throw the dog away.  I'm sorry if ya'll disagree with my thinking.  And I know they say that if you can't handle a pet you wont' be able to handle a child. I helped raise my nephews and nieces when my sister had her brain surgery (a set of 2 year old twins and a 11 month old girl). I have NO problem making a child my main goal and focus. We want a baby equally. We are both willing to take the responsbilities that go along with a baby. In fact I do have a stepson. But I never wanted the dog in the first place. I never wanted the responsibilities associated with it.  If DH was home to take care of all the issues maybe I wouldn't be so stressed about it. I know I sound harsh to all you dog lovers out there.....but that's the thing....you are dog lovers. I'm NOT. I'm completely entitled to feel the way I do without being judged. IT's not my fault I am not a dog lover! To each his own! And people give away their animals to loving homes all the time.

imageimageimage
  • Options
    MrsDTMrsDT member
    imageRickeyandDani:
    imageMrsDT:
    imageRickeyandDani:
    imageMrsDT:
    imageRickeyandDani:
    imagemooeta:
    imageRickeyandDani:

TOO LAZY?!! WTF?! you don't even know us....YOU are just judgemental....DH works 15 hour days and sometimes on 24 hours at a time sometimes. In fact sometimes he's in the field for 2 to 3 weeks and gets 4 hours of sleep. LAZY? I think not. When I'm working, which my days last about 10-12 hours, I"m too far away to go home and walk him. When I am home I take him down frequently and walk him.  He does it at random times....when we least expect it. Just when we think he's got a handle on not going in teh house, he does it. 

I KNOW it sounds like I just want to throw the dog away.  I'm sorry if ya'll disagree with my thinking.  And I know they say that if you can't handle a pet you wont' be able to handle a child. I helped raise my nephews and nieces when my sister had her brain surgery (a set of 2 year old twins and a 11 month old girl). I have NO problem making a child my main goal and focus. We want a baby equally. We are both willing to take the responsbilities that go along with a baby. In fact I do have a stepson. But I never wanted the dog in the first place. I never wanted the responsibilities associated with it.  If DH was home to take care of all the issues maybe I wouldn't be so stressed about it. I know I sound harsh to all you dog lovers out there.....but that's the thing....you are dog lovers. I'm NOT. I'm completely entitled to feel the way I do without being judged. IT's not my fault I am not a dog lover! To each his own! And people give away their animals to loving homes all the time.

I am absolutely judgmental towards people who get rid of their dogs. If your husband works so much what makes him think he had time for a dog? Maybe lazy should be replaced with irresponsible. Either way, it just makes me sad.

• Options
    imageMrsDT:
    imageRickeyandDani:
    imageMrsDT:
    imageRickeyandDani:
    imageMrsDT:
    imageRickeyandDani:
    imagemooeta:
    imageRickeyandDani:

I am absolutely judgmental towards people who get rid of their dogs. If your husband works so much what makes him think he had time for a dog? Maybe lazy should be replaced with irresponsible. Either way, it just makes me sad.

I will NOT disagree with you on this.  I DO think it was irresponsible.  I told him we should at LEAST wait until we have a yard of some sort that the doggie has access to without us having to take him out. Like I said I never wanted the dog or the responsibilities...but DH just HAD to get the dog! So yes I agree with you on that point!! Quite honestly I am pretty pissed off about it still that he was selfish to not wait until we could give the pooch a better environment! But what's done is done I guess. 

imageimageimage
  • Options
    Kie310Kie310 member
    Natures Miracle. Amazing stuff
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"