Eco-Friendly Family

Clicky Poll: What time does your child go to bed?

What's their sleeping schedule at night?  

DS is roughly 10-10 sometimes 10-9.  Occasionally later depending on what his internal clock is telling him especially during growth spurts, teething, illness etc....

[Poll]

Re: Clicky Poll: What time does your child go to bed?

• I put 8-8, but it's more like 8:30 pm until 7:30 am...

She does still take 2 naps a day though... 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I put 10-10, even though it is more like 9:30-8:30.?
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm jealous. About 7 to 6.  I have tried so hard to get him to sleep later in the am (bed earlier, bed later, manipulating afternoon naps, manipulating morning naps), and nothing keeps that boy asleep past 6:30am, and usually more like 5:45-6. He wakes up chatting, smiling, ridiculously happy, and we hang out, take his prevacid, and do some tummy time until DH is showered and dressed and then he takes DS for an hour and a half of daddy time (playing and bottle) so I can either shower or get another hour of sleep, then he is ready for a snack and nap at 8:30am.

Now, I wonder if the rest of this is normal for his age or if we are screwed up:

He wakes up to eat sometime between 10 and midnight, but just for like 15 minutes and right back to sleep. Then usually sleeps all the rest of the way to 6, but some nights he needs to come in bed with me at some point and eat on and off the rest of the night, but thankfully I mostly sleep through that. 

Thanks to the blueberry diaper with the MF and hemp liner and wrapping my BG MF liners with a hemp doesitall, just one diaper from 5-5:30p until  7a when daddy time starts. (Thank you AndreaLynn and Lillian!)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm so jealous!  My DD sleeps from about midnight til about noon.  I do enjoy getting to sleep in, but I would LOVE for her to go to bed earlier!!!  I would gladly get up earlier if it meant I could have some time alone with my husband in the evenings.  Any tips for moving up her bedtime?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My DS goes to sleep between 6pm and 7pm and wakes up at 7am or a little later.  He's 14 months old and still napping twice a day.

For the PPs with younger babies - don't get too frustrated yet!  DS was going to sleep much later (8pm/9pm) for a long time.  That was frustrating for us b/c DH and I had no alone time together.  Eventually, over time, we were able to move DS's bedtime back, but he probably didn't consistently start going to sleep at 6pm/7pm until he was about 9 or 10 months old. 

• Yeah, this poll is tough for us with younger babes... DD goes to bed around 9:30 - 10:00, wakes at 3-4 am to eat and go right back to bed, and then wakes up for good around 7am.  Looking forward to these types of schedules! Big Smile
  • He usually goes to sleep around 7:45-8 pm and gets up around 7 am.  There were a few times he has slept in until 8 or after and it felt so good to do that again :)
  • I put 8-8 but it's more 8pm/8:30pm-6:30/7am.  DD isn't a big fan of sleeping for long periods of time.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imagechoirgirl:

About 7 to 6.  I have tried so hard to get him to sleep later in the am (bed earlier, bed later, manipulating afternoon naps, manipulating morning naps), and nothing keeps that boy asleep past 6:30am, and usually more like 5:45-6. He wakes up chatting, smiling, ridiculously happy, and we hang out,

this, but he goes down around 7:30 PM

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • We weren't doing too well on a schedule until here recently.  When DS was little he was in bed at 8 every night, then we slacked.

I've got DD going to bed 8:30-9 and she gets up around 8-9

DS is going to bed at 9:30 currently.  I'd like to make it earlier, but I have to see where DD heads because I want DS to have time alone with at night.  Being the oldest, he has a lot of responsibility, so I want to try to help even that with special time just for him.

Oh and he's usually up by 7 :|

• DS goes to bed between 9-9:30pm and wakes up between 5:45 (ugh) and 7am. He never sleeps 12 hours. I wish he would :(
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker image image
  • luvlieKluvlieK member
    Ha! ?12 hours? ?We do ok though. ?Somewhere between 9:30-11 - 7:30-9 With some?wakings?in the middle.
    47 months &
    11 months
  • Will is usually asleep by 6:30pm and up around 6-7am (with a few wakings in between Sad).  We seem to have finally gotten him settled into a decent nap schedule: generally 3 1 hour naps each day.  I'm really hoping with that I can push bedtime and wake up time back just a little bit but we'll see.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I guess I should have also added that DS bedshares so he does wake up a few times at night for a quick nurse or just bodycheck to see if I'm there.  He does nap once a day anywhere from 1-3 hours depending on location of that nap.  But he's usually in the bed for 11-12 hours even if he's awake for part of the night in the beginning and we're trying to do a nurse down.
  • ds is in bed at 7 almost every night.  he wakes between 6:15 and 7.  except today when he slept until 7:45!!!  however, he still wakes up 2x to eat:(  not sure how weaning will affect this...
  • I put 8-8, but usually it is 8-7. This week we are recovering from vacation so he is sleeping 8-6 and taking 2 naps instead of his usual 1 2-3 hour nap. 6 is too early to get up - I am so tired!
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"