Parenting after a Loss

Highchair ?

So we are going to start solids soon hence we bought the highchair this week.

My question is did you start feeding DC their bottles in the chair so they would get used of eating in there?

I have always held DS to give him his bottles. I don't want him to be too confused when we start eating in his chair.....

Re: Highchair ?

• Emma eats her solids in her high chair and at the end if she needs a bottle to fill her up I'll hold it and offer it to her in the high chair. But any other time she's drinking a bottle I do not put her in the high chair.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Yep. We put her in the highchair and feed her about half of her bottle. Then we switch to solids..once she eats half of those, we finish the bottle and then she eats the rest of the solids [usually..she doesn't always finish]. We give solids 2x a day and those bottles are given in the high chair. The rest of the day we cuddle her. No confusion! I think waiting until 6 months helped for us because she was really, really ready for them!
    2 losses
    2 beautiful children
    proud mommy!
  • Loading the player...
  • I am still breastfeeding, so he only gets a bottle of BM while I am at work. 

when we feed him solids, he sits in his highchair, and loves it!

• Ditto Angels exactly....
  • We let dd hang out in the highchair for a couple of weeks before we started solids. Mostly when we were eating so she'd get the idea. We also use it to hold her in one spot while we're eating. We put suction toys on the tray for her or give her other toys.?

DD is bf'd so we never had the issue of a bottle. But I think that babies get the idea pretty quickly and don't need a bottle transition to understand that the chair is for feeding.?

• We just do solids in their highchairs no bottles.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"