1st Trimester
Options

I need advice

DH and I have the opportunity to buy a small business (pet store) in our area.  DH is a teacher and will probably be working full time this fall.  That leaves me to manage the business.  We're trying to work it out so I'm only there a few hours a day, a couple times a week and I'll handle the administration end from home.  What do you think?  I want to do it, but I'm terrified that it's the wrong move for my family.

I'd be bringing DD and future baby with me as daycare is not an option.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers >Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickersLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Re: I need advice

• Options
    I think that if your family is in a financially sound place and this is something you want to do you should do it! ?Also if your husband is cool with you only working part time a few hours a day I'm sure it will be good for you to get out of the house. ?This may be something only you can answer though. Good luck with your decision!
  • Options
    Why is daycare not an option? If you're only doing a few hours a day/a couple of times a week, it might be better than having two young children in a pet store.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My family has owned their own business my entire life. They wouldn't have it any other way. My sister and I were brought to work every single day. My sister worked for my parents and my niece went to work every day too, now my sister works elsewhere but my parents still takes care of my niece at work too. I would highly suggest you do it, being able to make your own schedule, have your kids with you at work, and doing this as a family is great. GL!!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    September 2015 Siggy Challenge - Happy Dance
  • Options

Don't underestimate how much hands on time a business really needs, especially in this economy (I hate that phrase, sorry). A lot of business go down the wrong track because of lack of direct supervision by the vested interests.

That being said, maybe you could hire a babysitter to watch the kids at the store with you while you have to be there.

• Options
    gin78gin78 member

My parents owned an icecream store when I was a kid and I practically lived there.  It was great for me because I was with my parents all the time.  Owning your own business is perfect for bringing up kids.  Why put your child in daycare with total strangers (not to mention the money) if you don't have to!   You'll get to spend more time with your baby and you will, in turn, have a closer relationship because of it!  Just my two cents. I had an amazing childhood!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"