Babies: 9 - 12 Months

Always a bridesmaid and flat broke

"Then there are some brides who want their bridesmaids to look just perfect, going so far as to ask their wedding party to get Botox treatments, Lasik eye surgery or even liposuction. "

Who would do this???

https://articles.moneycentral.msn.com/Investing/StockInvestingTrading/recession-bridesmaids.aspx#pageTopAchor

Re: Always a bridesmaid and flat broke

• If you want back-up singers, audition them. If you want friends and family that love and support you, don't look at the flaws.
  • Well said, Lori.

If anyone wanted me to alter my appearance other than a fresh up-do I would bow out of the wedding and the friendship.

• Loading the player...
  • Good Lord.  That might actually be worse than one of those wedding reality shows where the bride throws a fit about a BM having a tattoo.

• Anybody remember the girl on the tri boards last year whose sister was getting married and sent everyone in the wedding party teeth whitening kits?
  • Haha, my friend was such a Bridezilla her TWIN sister backed out of the wedding - she wouldn't let anyone even trim their hair - just in case the updo didn't look quite like she wanted.  Thank goodness I was due just a week before her wedding and it was destination so I bowed out when she asked.  Sad thing, two years of planning, over a 100K wedding...lasted 7 months and she filed! 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageLoriFalce:
    Anybody remember the girl on the tri boards last year whose sister was getting married and sent everyone in the wedding party teeth whitening kits?

I should have been in her wedding. Need to whiten my teeth.

• imageMarlaDossett:

Good Lord.  That might actually be worse than one of those wedding reality shows where the bride throws a fit about a BM having a tattoo.

I can understand the tatts thing. I didn't want tatts visible on my wedding party but I never, ever said anything. It worked out that the only person in my party with tattoos covered them for her own wedding 2 months prior and did the same for mine. She regrets getting them in such conspicuous places.

I probably would have had my photos retouched if I was particularly annoyed by them but it didn't come to that.

Botox is over the top...

• Heh heh.  I can't remember which show it was, but it was an over-the-top rant about it.  I can't remember for the life of me what she wanted her to do about it, though.  I do agree that making BMs get Botox is way out there, though.
  • imageMarlaDossett:
    Heh heh.  I can't remember which show it was, but it was an over-the-top rant about it.  I can't remember for the life of me what she wanted her to do about it, though.  I do agree that making BMs get Botox is way out there, though.

But it the bride's day! LMAO!

• I watched way too many of those shows when I was waiting to go into labor.  LOL

• I watched a lot of that crap too with the pregnancy insomnia. Good times!

• LOL.  It's one of the few things I can remember about that week.  I camped out in my parents' recliner because it was the only place my back didn't scream at me.
  • It's a wonder that women have second children. You need to forget a lot!
  • If they paid for my lipo et all, and didn't tell me they wanted me to get it, and just asked "are they any services you ant done?" AND paid for it, I'd be down. Otherwise, I'd tell them to fvkc off.
    image DD and I. DD: 6/22/2008. DS: 6/22/2013
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"