3rd Trimester
Options

Warm or Cool Mist Humidifer or Neither??

We registered for a warm mist (Vicks Germ Free) because winters can be pretty dry here... summers are super humid. Anyhow I was just reading reviews and now am not sure... I have allergy induced asthma and a warm mist always helps me to relieve congestion so I just sort of thought that was the way to go.

Have you all had any suggestions from pediatrician's - Does anyone not recommend getting one at all?

Re: Warm or Cool Mist Humidifer or Neither??

• Options

I have no clue. I am not getting one unless I need one. I used a warm one with my older daughter when she was sick one time, but then it was shoved in a closet and never used again. I threw it away when we moved.

I think it's more beneficial during the winter months (if it gets cold where you live), so I'd get whatever kind helps during cold/flu season. Sorry I can't help more.

• Options

I have a cool mist and wish I would have spent the extra $$ for a warm mist. It doesn't seem to put out as much moisture. I plan on probably getting another one for baby during the winter, we have the same issue.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    It gets really dry here and my brother uses the cool mist kind for his DD because they are safer. He has gone on 911 calls where kids have been burned by the warm ones. I am registered for the cool mist one as well.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    You're suppose to get cool mist for babies.  1) So they don't burn themselves.  2) Less bacteria.
  • Options
    My pedi recommended a cool mist humidifier for DS. It helps sooooo much.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"