Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

DD has a fever AGAIN!

HELP.

I am going with she has a high body temp naturaly :)

She had tubes put in her ears 2 weeks ago and before that she had a fever every 2 weeks followed by an ear infection. After tubes she got really sick with a temp of 105 and then was good for 2 weeks and NOW she has a temp of 102.. She is eating, playing great, lots of energy nothing is different other then the fever.

Has this happened to anyone else?

We can't keep going to the doctor what would you do? THANKS

Re: DD has a fever AGAIN!

• CMM05CMM05 member

Whenever DS has a "high" fever (anything over 101....), we alternate Tylenol and Motrin every 3 hours.

If its a "low-grade" fever.....I usually just give Tylenol every 4-6 hours...... 

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Anything over 102, we medicate with tylenol and motrin and ride it out if there are no other symptoms. Anything under 102, we don't medicate because the fever helps signal the body to fight off the infection. We only medicate at 102ish because at that point the symptoms are enough to make him uncomfortable and we're just trying to relieve the discomfort (not kill the fever). Personally, I don't consider anything under 103.5 to be a high fever and wouldn't take him to the doctor for fever only unless it got to be over 105 or persisted for more than a week at a level of 102 or more.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Has she had blood work done to check her immunity / blood cell count? That's one thing I'd do. Just to make sure she doesn't need extra immune support.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"