Baby Names

How does this sound

It's a girl :( wanted a boy but my baby is healthy, I am thinking of Malia Nichelle. How does it sound?

Re: How does this sound

• to me it sounds like you mixed up the letters of the first name and it should be Nalia Michelle. I'm not even sure how to say either names
  • I've always loved Malia since I first met one 5 years ago. Now it's predicted to be very popular because of the Obamas. But I still like it. Nachelle sounds like a made-up version of Michelle.
  • Loading the player...
  • I agree the letters seem mixed up, sorry
  • Malia is good, Nichelle is awful.
    Dee Dee DS Elijah Xin 3/11/05 DD Evangeline Mei 8/24/06
  • Nichelle is really bad. Like someone with a stuffed up nose saying Michelle.
  • imageEXL311:
    Malia is good, Nichelle is awful.

This.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I would pick one or the other - having her first name be Malia is fine (although I agree it is going to get very popular very fast) but to have Nichelle, too? way too close to Michelle, and then you have two Obama names. I'd pick one. And Nichelle is nms anyways. It looks like a type.
  • imagelizzels:
    I would pick one or the other - having her first name be Malia is fine (although I agree it is going to get very popular very fast) but to have Nichelle, too? way too close to Michelle, and then you have two Obama names. I'd pick one. And Nichelle is nms anyways. It looks like a type.

sorry, I meant to say it looks like a typo.

• thanks for the opinions my middle name is Nicole I wanted something with a N bu I will continue to think
  • I've know a couple of Nichelle's it's an ok name to me.
  • imageMelinz:
    to me it sounds like you mixed up the letters of the first name and it should be Nalia Michelle. I'm not even sure how to say either names

This.  I'm not a fan.  Sorry.

Congrats on your healthy baby girl!

DD1 - 12.25.05
    (m/c 1.17.07, m/c 5.15.07)
    DS - 03.15.08
    DD2 - 12.03.09
    DD3 - 3.28.11
  • It's way too Obama with Malia and Michelle.?
  • Malia is cute.  Don't like Nichelle, though.  Why not Malia Nicole?

• imageKflie83:

imageEXL311:

This.

ditto

• Malia Nicole sounds cute! ?There's also Malia Noelle. ?I keep wanting to say Nadia or Nora, but they don't work with Malia. ?

I agree - Nichelle is weird, especially next to the M for Malia. ?I love Malia though.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers imageimage
  • imagewheelenl:
    I've always loved Malia since I first met one 5 years ago. Now it's predicted to be very popular because of the Obamas. But I still like it. Nachelle sounds like a made-up version of Michelle.
    i agree with this. it sounds like you're naming your daughter after the obamas with a 'spin' on the names.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Malia, yes. Nichelle, no.

Blank!
  • How about Malia Nicolette?
  • imageKflie83:

imageEXL311:

This.

Ditto!?

• Yeah, it sounds very Obama-ish to me.  Not that there's anything wrong with the names in general, IMO, but anyone who sees it for the next 4 years will think you've named your child after the Obamas.
  • Malia Nicole sounds great.

Nichelle is terrible.  It looks like a typo.

• imageAliliv:

Malia is cute.  Don't like Nichelle, though.  Why not Malia Nicole?

I like Malia Nicole much better too

CafeMom Tickers
    CafeMom Tickers
  • I agree that you should keep Malia and give Nicole as the middle name.
  • imageEXL311:
    Pregnancy Ticker Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageEXL311:
  • imageEXL311:

Agreed.

• I like Malia, but not Nichelle, and I don't think they flow well together.
  • Nichelle, is just bad.?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• imageMelinz:
    to me it sounds like you mixed up the letters of the first name and it should be Nalia Michelle. I'm not even sure how to say either names

?

This is exactly what i thought.?

• imageEXL311:

This, sorry.

• imageMelinz:

dont really like the name..

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"