2nd Trimester

Husband Coached Childbirth

DH and I are currently reading "Husband Coached Childbirth" by Bradley.  For anyone who is interested in having a drug-free birth I highly recommend the book.  I have enjoyed it thus far! 

Just a thought Smile

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Husband Coached Childbirth

• Haven't read it, but we're taking Bradley Method classes and really like them! It just makes so much sense to me and is so natural
  • I work with my husband. I can assure the world that if he were to 'coach me' he would end up dead or impaled with some sharp object.

I just KNOW that that approach would end badly. So instead, we've opted for a Doula. We were referred to her by a colleague, who is a no-nonsense type as is Michelle. LOVE THAT. I like the idea of someone being supportive but still a bit of a drill sergeant. DH can be there and be involved and supportive but we have a conductor who will make sure we play our parts cooperatively.?

• Loading the player...
  • imageHeyyRed:

I work with my husband. I can assure the world that if he were to 'coach me' he would end up dead or impaled with some sharp object.

This literally made me laugh out loud.  DH and I work together too.  There is no way I could rely on him as my childbirth coach and I have elected to hire a doula as well.

~Working Mom~Breastfeeding Mom~Cloth Diapering Mom~BLW Mom~

Blog - No Longer on the DL ~ The Man Cave
    Shawn and Larissa
    LO #1 - Took 2 years and 2 IVFs ~ DX - severe MFI mild PCOS homozygous MTHFR (a1298c)
    LO #2 - TTC 7 months, surprise spontaneous BFP!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"