Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

BFing moms...? re: bras

I took a BFing course waaaay back when (or at least it feels like it) I was still preg-o.  They were very explicit: NO UNDERWIRE.  Then, to my surprise, when I went to buy a nursing bra....nearly all of them had underwire.  Now, 5 months later, I'd like a little shape & lift but not if it might jeopardize my milk supply.  I've been wearing bras without wire up to now...

Any BFing moms wear underwire?  Is it comfortable?  Any effect on your milk supply?  TIA...

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: BFing moms...? re: bras

• Options
    I wear underwires, they are comfy and I have no supply issues
  • Options
    I'd read that, too, but I have worn the Medela underwire bras and they are my favorite. I haven't found a non-underwire bra yet that has given me as good of support and I've tried Anita, Bravado, etc.
    Mom to DD#1 December '06, DD#2 Feb '09 and DS March '12
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I started wearing underwire with DD she was probably about 4-5 months old and I had no problems
  • Options
    The problem with underwire is that it can clog your ducts. Just don't sleep in one.

W (02/2009), N (08/2012), and C (04/2014)
  • Options
    Nursing bras w/ underwire are not the same as regular underwire bras. The "wire" is plastic and flat rather than metal and round, so they are safe to wear BF. I personally bought a non underwire wire bras from Motherhood, I am a DD right now and they are very supportive, comfy and not ugly
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"