Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Help! DS hates DH! :( (RP from this morning)

RP'ing in hopes someone has some advice...

Out of the blue DS suddenly seems to hate DH! DS is be fine when he's around, will smile and laugh when he's making faces, will coo and reach out at him - but the second DH picks him up he starts crying inconsolably, until he's back with me.  When DH gives him a bottle at bedtime, DS has been kicking and screaming and refusing to take it.  When he's with me though, everything is normal.

This was cute for the first day (I was like, "haha, I'm an awesome mom - he likes me better!") but it's been like 3 or 4 days of this now, and I'm getting exhausted! DH can't help with anything, and we're both getting really frustrated.  (And poor DH - he can't understand why DS seems to dislike him so much right now :(  )

What do I do? Has anyone else gone through this? Do I just need to wait it out? This is terrible :(

*This evening was terrible! We tried to have DH put him to bed, so he took him upstairs with a bottle, and I went into the basement to work out - as far away as I could get from them.  Well, DS cried for a solid hour that he was with DH - DH brought him downstairs finally to tell me he was getting really frustrated, DS saw me and started smiling and laughing.  This is bad!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

imageimageimage

Re: Help! DS hates DH! :( (RP from this morning)

• Options
    DD is this same way with MIL. I am sorry no real advice, I hope everything gets better.
  • Options
    Has he changed scents or demeanor? Sometimes when DH or I get frustrated, DD can pick up on. That's all I got. Sorry :(
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

That sounds so frustrating. Is he wearing any cologne or anything that DS might not like the smell of? Maybe he could put on your perfume or something that smells like you and see if that works?

BTW...I am basing this off of an episode of Scrubs. Very scientific. 

• Options
    No change in scents, but I could try the perfume thing... If Scrubs says it, then it must be true ;-)

imageimageimage
  • Options
    imageErin0806:

BTW...I am basing this off of an episode of Scrubs. Very scientific. 

This, Totally! I just didn't want to say anythingWink

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I was going to suggest the same as PP's.  Maybe new D.O. or cologne?  Or DS maybe sensing anxiety (from expecting DS to react by crying again?)  Sorry you're going through this.  I rely on DH's help with DS so I can stay sane.
  • Options

Try having DH hold one of your shirts up against him (in between him and the baby).  Maybe that would work???

Good luck!!!!!

• Options
    It is terrible and extremely frustrating....mom does not get a break.  Your description is literally exactly what we went through two weeks ago.  It is over now.  A combo of DS just needing to get used to dad who is away at work during the day.  And my needing to stop rescuing DH when DS started to act up.  GL.  It will get better, I bet.
  • Options
    Oh, and the nonsense lasted for 2 weeks or so, so you have to be patient...
  • Options
    I could have written this post. All of a sudden, DD hates DH and it's so sad. However, tonight i went out for dinner and left them together, and now they seem fine.
    "Hello, babies. Welcome to Earth. It's hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It's round and wet and crowded. At the outside, babies, you've got about a hundred years here. There's only one rule that I know of, babies. God damn it, you've got to be kind." - Kurt Vonnegut
  • Options
    Mrs.VMrs.V member
    This happened to us too when DS was about 2 months (I think).  DH had been working ALOT so DS saw little of him and I was constantly with him and was the sole milk-provider so he always wanted me and DH could not console him and got very upset and frustrated!!  I was exhausted and upset as well. It also didn't help that DS' fussy time is in the evenings when DH got home from work.  We started having DH bath him every night for their "special" time and try to interact with him as much as possible in the a.m. when DS is happy.  Eventually it went away..maybe a few weeks? and now things are great! GL!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"