Preemies

good news from EI!!

Our EI team just hired a nutritionist! So now we get to see someone who is active in all aspects of E's therapy and is FREE!!!! Woo hoo!!
Emma - March '08 Quinn - August '11
Need help with high fat food ideas? Chunky Monkey

Re: good news from EI!!

• Woohoo! Yay for the EI team!  Yay for you!
  • Great news!  I hope they have lots of tips for little Miss E!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    IVF 1=BFP, beta #1 8dp5dt 24, beta #2 12dp5dt 50, beta #3 14dp5dt 88.9
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Weishaars' World
  • Loading the player...
  • Congrats! I hope it helps.

I signed up for ours today, too. (We had Robbie's 6 month adj IFSP meeting today.) They weren't really positive about how much it might help, but agreed we could give it a try.

• That's awesome!  Hopefully she'll be more helpful than your other nutritionist!
  • ijackijack member
    imageTriciaJoy:

Congrats! I hope it helps.

I signed up for ours today, too. (We had Robbie's 6 month adj IFSP meeting today.) They weren't really positive about how much it might help, but agreed we could give it a try.

yeah, we were told the same thing too. Both OT and ST think we're doing everything we can, but I guess it's better than paying $300 ;)

• YAY! ?that's awesome! ?congrats!!!
  • I- Yeah. I hate to be a negative nelly or anything. I really hope both of us get some real help.

I figure through EI it's "free" (no extra charge past what we already pay) and if I don't like him/her or don't think it's helpful, it's not like I'm obligated to continue.

Our EI coordinator today said "You might already know more than her..." which was sort of a compliment, I guess, but not exactly reassuring.

• ijackijack member

They already feel like we're doing as much as we can, but I guess a new perspective can't help. E actually ate for them pretty well today and they think her quantities (when she does eat) are pretty normal for her size. They think it's ridiculous the hospital's nutritionist just tell me to feed her more.

This does mean that now I have to go to the doc to get her weighed before she comes back in a couple weeks. We weren't supposed to have another weight check for another month and now I'm going to freak out a little :)

• I bought a baby scale for home. I can't decide if it makes me feel better or worse, but I needed it so I could keep track. And it does keep me from having to drag him in for weight checks so often.

Our pedi doesn't even have us coming really often because she knows I'll call if he's not gaining.. and she kind of relies on our (crappy) GI doc.

I do have a few questions here or there so I figure I can have her as a resource. (Instead of bugging preemieparent's mom all the time. *LOL*)

Robbie actually ate pretty well once today, too. The last couple of days, the solids have gone fairly well. I don't know if it's a fluke or if he just likes meat, but today he even opened his mouth and seemed like he was having a good time. He's completely given up on the bottle, though.

My hope is that if his solids keep going well, I can reduce his bottle intake a bit and it'll at least help his reflux if nothing else. (He hasn't been puking his solids.)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"