Infertility
Options

N3TCR: Got a lecture at Jenny Craig today :-(

I gained a pound and I got a lecture.  I know the consultants don't like it when you gain weight because I'm pretty sure they get some kind of compensation when their clients lose weight, but seriously.... a lecture?!  Like I don't know it's BAD that I gained weight?  I would've rather had a pep-talk than a lecture.  I knew I did bad this week because I went out to eat 4 times and I drank alcohol three nights which always gets me in trouble, but the lecture just pissed me off.....  grrrrrrrr.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: N3TCR: Got a lecture at Jenny Craig today :-(

• Options
    That's awful.  If it were me, a lecture and guilt trip would make me want to eat more.  That's not the way they should be helping their clients.
  • Options

imageEmptyOven25:
    That's awful.  If it were me, a lecture and guilt trip would make me want to eat more.  That's not the way they should be helping their clients.

I agree with this 100%!

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I agree. they should have given you a pep talk. Encouragement when trying to lose weight is always better and more helpful than a stern talking to.

Keep up your hard work. You can do it!

Baby Beau
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    TTC #1 for 5 years - Many years, many tears 3 Clomid IUIs all BFN IVF#1 w/ ICSI = BFP!!!! Beta #1 - 157 11dp3dt, Beta #2 - 340 13dp3dt

FET for #2 9/1/11 Beta #1 9dp5dt - 153!!! Beta #2 11dp5dt - 426!!! Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Psalm 113:9 He settles the barren woman in her home as a happy mother of children. Praise the LORD.
  • Options
    That's just rude.  Don't let em get you down.  You're going to do awesome next week!
  • Options

imageEmptyOven25:

Ditto - in fact that's what happened when I went to one of those types of diet places.   Lectures are not constructive.  Discussing what happened and how to make a better choice next time is.  I refused to see that "counselor" that made me feel bad anymore.

TTC since May 2006. After 3 failed Clomid cycles, 2 failed Injectibles/IUIs, 2 failed IVFs and 1 failed FET, we moved on to adoption! 

Last ditch FET resulted in BFP, and identical twin girls!

• Options

I would switch counselors and tell the manager exactly why. Inappropriate and not constructive, like pp said.

One pound could be water weight, AF, or not pooping yet that day! She's crazy.

• Options
    Shame on them for lecturing you. That's not how you approach it. I highly highly doubt that there is anyone on the program that hasn't gained weight at one point or another. I'm on WW and gained 1 pound one week. I knew why, just like you, I went out to eat twice and didn't order wisely and didn't increase my exercise. But my leader never gave me grief over it. She made sure I knew why it happened, how to handle the situation differently next time and then I got a pep talk for the next week. 
  • Options
    I'm sorry.  That really surprises me.  I did ww for years, with many different leaders, and never once had a "lecture" (and believe me - there were weeks when I gained!)  Postive vibes to you - you can do it - and I bet next week you'll have a great week!  Keep it up
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"