Preemies
Options

Re: Birth Control

I forget who asked previously about what bc we were taking. I just had my annual visit with my OB yesterday, and she told me that her "favorites" were the NuvaRing for short term and the Mirena IUD for long term! Since my lame HMO will not cover the IUD, we went with the NuvaRing.

She told me it was a lower dose of hormone than Yasmin, which I was on pre-baby, and because it is a constant stream her patients have loved it. She also told me I can keep one ring in for 4 weeks and use it to skip bleeding (if my body will let me.) Anyway, so far so good, and I just wanted to say thank you for the recommendations!

Re: Re: Birth Control

• Options

I think I'm going to look into the NuvaRing. I can't have an IUD because I still have a uterine septum. I stopped taking the mini-pill because I couldn't stand how the hormones made me feel.

How is the NuvaRing for that? Also does it feel like anything when it's in? Are you ever afraid of it slipping out?

• Options
    I wasn't a fan of the NuvaRing, but I was on it many years ago when it was first introduced.  Maybe it's different now.  It just didn't fit in my body right or something.  It came out a few times and even more so during during sex.  I didn't feel it when it was in place, but soon as is started to move out I could feel it.  As far as the hormones, it didn't make me feel any different than any other bc.  I'm starting to think I'm just not meant to be on bc - it messes with me too much.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

It is a very lose dose of hormone, less than the pill. I can't feel anything, but I've only had it for a day, so I still don't know if I will have any complications during sex or otherwise.

I too was on the minipill before and hated it. Before that I never had issues with birth control pills. I didn't love them, but didn't hate them.

That being said, I just found out that when my insurance changed, it now covers Mirena and it will only cost me 50 bucks! Since this is less than my first 3 month nuvaring costs, I canceled my order and am going to that instead!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"