Breastfeeding
Options

EP - Question?

Lomg story short I have decided based on LCs advice to EP for the next couple of days to two weeks to allow my nipples to heal (TMI - half of each is gone, DS is a tongue thruster and is going to get some OTPT to help).

How do you account for growth spurts? He will most likely go through one while we are pumping. Do you plan for it and pump more often?

Re: EP - Question?

• Options

you just need to pump pump pump. every two hours for at least 15-20 minutes. more often if baby needs more.

i have been pumping for 11 months and i have been fortunate enough to have enough milk for her to be fully on my milk. you just pump as much as you can until you can heal up. best of luck to you, your LO and your nips.

hang in there!

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

I pump the same amount everyday.  I pump every 3 hours.  I get roughly the same amount of milk everyday and it hasn't been an issue.  I'm getting about 60 ounces a day and my baby is still fairly young so I've been more than able to keep up with his demand. 

I would suggest pumping for longer sessions if you feel like baby is in a growht spurt.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"