Indiana Babies
Options

first encounter with a judgy barista

Went to my favorite local coffee shop this morning, and when I ordered a grande (20 oz) latte she nicely said, "Did you need that decaf?". I replied, "No thanks". She paused, looked down at my ginormous belly, looked back up at me, and all attitude-like said "You sure?".

Yes, ***, I'm sure. And make it a double shot.

::throat punch::

Pregnancy Ticker Pregnancy Ticker

Re: first encounter with a judgy barista

• Options

Whatadumbwhore!

• Options
    Did you tell her you'd like a shot of Bailey's in it as well after the throat punch?  Because as long as she was so scandalized by your amazing irresponsibility, you might have at least gotten a drink out of it.
    Mother's Day, 2011
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

You should totally take her a journal article from ACOG about how a certain amount of caffeine is perfectly fine for pregnant women, and a little talking-to about not being a dumbwhore caffeinenazi when she is clearly so uneducated on the subject.

• Options

You know you would think with google and all the information we have at our fingertips that people could do enough research to get the correct information instead of whatever "they've heard." 

I was trying to avoid diet coke for awhile until I saw that it only has 45 mg of caffine in it and I think drs say just try and stay under 200 mg/day.  And I seriously don't know that I will be adhearing to the no soft serve ice cream due to listeria restriction, how would I make it through the summer pg without some frozen custard or something!

• Options

Then again, I'm the pregnant woman that eats deli meat and has had an occasional glass of wine. I certainly don't judge women who AVOID those things, so why should I be subjected to judgment from a 19-year-old who has probably never been pregnant before? Sheesh.

FWIW, my doctor said she drank her regular morning coffee (2 cups, she said) throughout all three of her pregnancies and has perfectly healthy children. :)

Pregnancy Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I had a RedBull lady get snippy with me when I refused a free Red Bull while pg! ?
  • Options

Ugh, people are ridiculous.

• Options
    Caffeine: The Latest Gateway Drug
  • Options
    imageCarmela752:

...and a little talking-to about not being a dumbwhore caffeinenazi when she is clearly so uneducated on the subject.

Ok, that just made me snort.  =)

• Options

imagetriumphantreturnofplanningbug:
    Did you tell her you'd like a shot of Bailey's in it as well after the throat punch?  Because as long as she was so scandalized by your amazing irresponsibility, you might have at least gotten a drink out of it.

LOL!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Some people are so ignorant.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"