North Carolina Babies
Options

Hey you, with the blowtorch on my esophagus GO AWAY!

It's killing me :(  So I think I've finally figured out I can handle an infinite amount of mental/emotional pain but physically I'm a pushover. 

This heartburn truthfully probably isn't that bad but I hate it and it won't go away.

That and as of this morning my rings are in my jewelry box :(

Re: Hey you, with the blowtorch on my esophagus GO AWAY!

• Options
    I have terrible heartburn anyway, but when I was pg it was out of control!  Talk to your dr, because you can take Zantac - I took 2 a day through my pregnancy.  It makes a HUGE difference, you'll feel so much better! :)
    Rachel & Bill 9-10-05, Liam Andrew born 5-30-08 (formerly lakebride05)
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imagecrescentmoon99:
    I have terrible heartburn anyway, but when I was pg it was out of control!  Talk to your dr, because you can take Zantac - I took 2 a day through my pregnancy.  It makes a HUGE difference, you'll feel so much better! :)

I took a Zantac 150 two hours ago.  It isn't letting up and i'm not excited.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    The first trimester I was convinced I was going to give birth to a TUMS. Love them; they help a lot. Feel better soon!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

ugh- I really hope that goes away for you. I have indigestion a lot but only had the acid in my throat a few times and it was pure torture! Esp when it lasted for several days like it seems yours is.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageECUPirate04:

Oh no!  That stinks.  By the 2nd trimester, I had to give up all foods that could remotely cause heartburn - anything spicy or tomato based, citrus, etc.  I was craving orange juice so bad too!  I couldn't even eat brownies.  I hope yours is feeling better soon.

My dr actually wrote me a prescription for Prevacid, which would have definitely kicked the heartburn, but my insurance wouldn't cover it :(

GL!

• Options
    imagecrescentmoon99:
    imageECUPirate04:

Oh no!  That stinks.  By the 2nd trimester, I had to give up all foods that could remotely cause heartburn - anything spicy or tomato based, citrus, etc.  I was craving orange juice so bad too!  I couldn't even eat brownies.  I hope yours is feeling better soon.

My dr actually wrote me a prescription for Prevacid, which would have definitely kicked the heartburn, but my insurance wouldn't cover it :(

GL!

The other day I had my pregnancy brain turned on and accidently drank a glass of OJ and OMG I thought I was going to curl up in the floor and die..  It hurt like hell!

This morning when it started I had eaten milk, a banana, and granola so no idea what triggered it this morning.  It sucks though!

• Options
    Water could give me heartburn by the end - it totally sucks! :(  I think I remember reading that the pregnancy hormones loosen the valve at the top of your stomach, so it's just that much easier for stuff to come back up.
  • Options
    Thanks Crescentmoon :(  I'm sorry you had to deal with that.  It's not fun.
  • Options

imagecrescentmoon99:
    Water could give me heartburn by the end - it totally sucks! :(  I think I remember reading that the pregnancy hormones loosen the valve at the top of your stomach, so it's just that much easier for stuff to come back up.

water did it to me too. ugh. i hated having heartburn, i woke up several times a night to eat tums. hope the zantac works better in the future!

• Options
    Yeah, heartburn blows!  I guess I'm lucky though b/c Tums usually work pretty well for me.  Retiring your rings sucks too.  I bought a cheap silver band at Walmart to wear.  And I finally had my rings re-sized 6+ months after having Cam b/c my fingers never went back.  Hopefully I'll be able to wear them longer this time.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

My Sweet Girls

• Options
    I hope you've found some comfort since this morning, heartburn sucks!  I'm on the two zantac a day program as well! 
  • Options

It got a little better b/t the Zantac and two pieces of ice cream cake :)

I'm getting hungry now which is a surefire way to have it visit again.  Must.eat.now.

• Options

I have wicked heartburn/reflux myself, DH always tells me he's scared of me being pg 'cause btwn the heartburn, weight gain & hormones I'll be living hell. Isn't he romantic? :-)

Anyhow, I'm a Pepcid Complete kind of girl. They don't taste bad & I have pretty immediate relief.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"