Pregnant after 35
Options

32 week dr app't today

So, i had my 32 week dr app't today, and despite the mother of all Pregnant Duh's on the way (I literally got lost on the way to the dr office WTF?!), it went VERY WELL. The baby had a major growth spurt over the past two weeks and I'm measuring normal. YAY! According to my dr I have only gained 13 pounds this pregnancy, but I honestly do not see how that can be correct - my rear probably measures the same as my belly at this point! Anyway, she still wants to me to "take it easy" but there haven't been any radical cervical changes since last time (still a bit more than 1 cm dilated) so yippee! Big Smile

I spoke to my dr about FauxShelley's trauma because I really needed to know if I was correct in deciding against the amnio bc all my tests came back ok (other than the increase risk of spina bifida but the ultrasound was perfect). She was wonderful. She told me she would have made the same decision as I did and said what FauxShelley is going through is definitely very rare and horrible. She actually spent some time asking how how she and her family are handling the news, etc (i really love my dr!!!). She told me that if I wanted an amnio at this point she could certainly still order it and would understand why, but she doesn't think it is necessary. I trust her.

Re: 32 week dr app't today

• Options
    It sounds like you have an awesome doctor.  Yay!
    You are likely to be eaten by a grue. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options

YAY - so glad everything went well!

That's so awesome about your doctor - I love my doctor too, and she never makes me feel rushed and takes the time to explain things to me.  I had a gyno years ago that was an absolute a$$ and made me feel like I was taking up HIS precious time.  YAY for awesome OB's!!!

And FANTASTIC on the weight gain!  Unfortunately/fortunately, I have gained 10 pounds already - but I got pregant two weeks after I got married so I don't know how much of that is wedding weight (I think a lot of it is....we had a lot of food/cake left over that we gorged on for two weeks!)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I'm glad your appointment went so well and that your doctor is so supportive. I love mine - that's so important!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"