Eco-Friendly Family
Options

overnight CD help please!

Currently, we use a BG3 stuffed with one of their microfiber inserts and 2 hemp baby inserts and that just ain't cuttin' it any more.  What would you recommend for stuffing instead?

TIA!

Re: overnight CD help please!

• Options

To be honest, if two hemp and one MF aren't hacking it, I'd try a fitted and a wool cover - best nighttime solution, IMO, for heavy wetters.  I'd highly recommend a B4 - excellent one size fitted diaper.  You can see them here - they're a bit pricey, but frankly, worth it.  www.hyenacart.com/bububebe

You could try looking into zorb - I've heard some gals with heavy wetters have luck with it as a doubler.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    The only CD that has worked for us is a B4 with a heavily lanolized wool cover.  Not even GMs stood up to my DS... I also put 2 bamboo/zorb doublers in with the B4 inserts...
    DS 06.26.08 DD 10.23.10
    imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagepapagena:

To be honest, if two hemp and one MF aren't hacking it, I'd try a fitted and a wool cover - best nighttime solution, IMO, for heavy wetters.  I'd highly recommend a B4 - excellent one size fitted diaper.  You can see them here - they're a bit pricey, but frankly, worth it.  www.hyenacart.com/bububebe

You could try looking into zorb - I've heard some gals with heavy wetters have luck with it as a doubler.  

Yup. Fitted and wool. I also love Sun Seedlings night time fitteds. They're very good! :)

www.sunseedlings.com

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    well, that sounds like as good of a transition as I could have asked for for this question: my mom and I are sensitive to wool so that when we wear wool sweaters, we itch where it touches the skin directly. Alyssa seems to be sensitive to certain fabrics (we only use BGs at night because of her sensitivity) - doesn't the wool irritate the skin where it touches?
  • Options

imageSam78:
    well, that sounds like as good of a transition as I could have asked for for this question: my mom and I are sensitive to wool so that when we wear wool sweaters, we itch where it touches the skin directly. Alyssa seems to be sensitive to certain fabrics (we only use BGs at night because of her sensitivity) - doesn't the wool irritate the skin where it touches?

If your LO has a sensitivity, it will, but ordinarily it doesn't.  You could try a fleece cover... not as bullet proof as wool, but a thicker fleece cover may be better than just pul...  not positive on how well it would work for overnight, but if you have an absorbent enough fitted, it may work...  Others may have opinions on that...  ?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Interesting. Many babies that have sensitive skin can't do BG's because of the suede cloth.

I find that the wool that is used for covers/soakers is not like, what you would imagine when you think of a big chunky wool sweater. First of all, the wool that you use for a cover is well lanolized. People don't lanolize their wool sweaters, so they are usually all dried out and yes, itchy.

I like wool interlock for covers. Its soft and wonderful.

But, if you dont' want to try a wool cover, a big thick fitted with a Thirsties cover works very very well too. Its just not as breathable as the wool. But, we use our Thirsties quite often and it works well.

We've never had a problem with irritation with the wool. Actually, I have heard of more babies having a hard time with suede cloth, like I said.

• Options
    imagepapagena:

imageSam78:

If your LO has a sensitivity, it will, but ordinarily it doesn't.  You could try a fleece cover... not as bullet proof as wool, but a thicker fleece cover may be better than just pul...  not positive on how well it would work for overnight, but if you have an absorbent enough fitted, it may work...  Others may have opinions on that...  ?

We often use our custom sun seedlings fleece cover for night time. We have no problems with that. Now, its windpro, which is a nice thick fleece. And, Ethan isn't what I would consider to be a super soaker. So, I don't know how it would work for a heavy wetter. I also use a Sugar Peas fleece cover (also windpro) that works very well.

• Options

If wool isn't an option for you try this cover.  It works great!

https://www.totsbots.com/nappies/range/wraps/

I don't know if there is a retailer here in the US (hint Modern Diapers...please get these!!!) but I love this wrap.

• Options
    Yeah, that's why we only really use the BGs overnight, otherwise Alyssa breaks out in a rash (fortunately, never seems to bother her).  DH is not so into the cloth diapers, so I hate to buy a lot of different things because he'll complain if he has to figure something out or if we do something new Confused
  • Options
    ok, bear with me (I'm sick and kind of out of it with back pain) - Hippy (and others) gave me links to covers - what do I put those over? the b4? Do the b4s always need covers?
  • Options

Yes, a B4, GM, Sunseedling, and the other fitteds do need a cover. Smile

I find a fitted and cover works better for me at night than a BG.

Hope you feel better soon!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"