Baby Names

Bella

Do you think that Bella could be a stand-alone name?

If not, what name would you use so that Bella could be a nn? [I know the most common answer would be Isabella/Isabel, but I'm trying to stay away from at least top 20 on popularity lists]

Re: Bella

• i like bella alot. and i think it is fine as a stand alone name. :)
  • I guess. It just reminds me of a dogs name too much. It's nms at all.
  • Loading the player...
  • A friend of mine named her daughter Bella for her full first name. For an alternate first name to use Bella as a nn, you could also use Anabel/Annabel/Annabelle. I think it's cute and it's not overly popular, eitther.

?

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I like it as a stand alone name or a nickname for Isabella.

It can also be a nickname for Annabel/Annabella, Arabel/Arabella, Marabel, Rosabel/Rosabella, etc. If you live in an area with lots of Spanish speakers, it will be pronounced "bay-a."

Just beware, there are millions of people that are obsessed with the Twilight books, and Bella is the main character. Bella, along with Edward, Cullen, and Esme have been skyrocketing up the charts because of those books.

• LMS05LMS05 member
    It's a stand alone name. I don't care for it because my friend has a dog named Bella so that's what I think of.?
  • I also think of a dog and the book Twilight which is way too popular right now!
  • I dont like the name for a girl bc my mom's dog is named bella and I hear too many dogs with that name.
  • imagebreech:
    i like bella alot. and i think it is fine as a stand alone name. :)

Ditto. Very cute!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • i like it better as a nn. i like the full name belle or annabelle.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Bella is nms. It reminds me of Beauty and the Beast. It could be a nickname for Isabel or Isabella, as you suggested, but also Bellissa, Labella, Claribel, Arabella or Elizabeth.
  • I LOVE TWILIGHT!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"