High-Risk Pregnancy

yikes p17 shots

Hi ladies, I got my package today with all my needles and vial of P17. ?I am not going to lie they are some big needles. ?Are you sure they aren't that bad?
Baby Boy born still on March 10, 2008 at 21 wks 2 days : ( Finley Alyse born October 11, 2009 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Declan Jonathan born October 16, 2011 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: yikes p17 shots

• OMG They only gave you one size of needles?!!  Mine came with two sizes of needles.  Reason is that the liquid is VERY thick so they draw it out of the vial with the larger size needle and then put on the smaller size needle for the injection.  I would really inquire about this with whomever is going to be giving you your shots. They are painful enough without having some huge ass needle!  Also be sure to ice before your shot, it helps!!! :)  GL!
    Snuggling after a nap! Claira 2 yrs and Sophia 11 months Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Do you have 2 different sizes of needles? My shots really aren't that bad, they rarely hurt except occasionally some ache as the oil goes in. We get two needles - 18g to draw the oil up from the vial, then we switch to the smaller 22g for the injection.
    *** It's funny because I'm fat ***
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm wracking my brain trying to remember what size needle it was for the progesterone...I just remember freaking out what I saw it because IM needles are HUGE.

But I swear its not that bad at all!

Josh-10/1/87, Brittany 3/9/91, Mandi 7/26/92, Michelle 9/11/06 image I'M GRAPE JELLY- ALWAYS AROUND & ALWAYS THE SAME If I leave here tomorrow, would you still remember me. For I must be traveling on now. Because there are too many places I've got to see. -Allen Collins & Ronnie VanZant My favorite verse!
  • imageone_more_girl:
    Also be sure to ice before your shot, it helps!!!

timmylulu, ask your doc about this first, some specifically say not to ice. Good luck!

*** It's funny because I'm fat ***
  • I had my first one last Thursday and was really nervous.  I didn't even feel it.  She put it at the back of my hip.  I was shocked.  I'm still not crazy about the idea of the next one, but if it goes as well as the first, I'm going to be pleased :)
  • Yesterday was my 12th shot!  The only thing I've noticed is the injection site is a little itchy after.
  • That's odd. I got two sets of needles. One of them is to fill the needle while the other is to actually shoot it into me. Call the pharmacy and ask them if there were supposed to be two sets of needles.
  • Thanks ladies, I did get 2 sets of needles. ?They are both scary, although I must admit that the scarier of the two isn't the one that will be injected into me. ?I have to wait until Tuesday....I think the wait is going to be worse than the actual shots!
    Baby Boy born still on March 10, 2008 at 21 wks 2 days : ( Finley Alyse born October 11, 2009 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Declan Jonathan born October 16, 2011 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"