Cincinnati Babies

Ear Infection ?

Elena has been sick this week. ?I took her to the doctor on Tuesday- she had a fever, runny nose and she would scream if I touched her ear. ?The doctor looked in her ears and said they were fine. ?But he gave me an antibiotic because of her fever and a?decongestant. ?He said her ear was probably in pain because of the pressure from the drainage from her nose. ?Now she has "stuff" coming out of both her ears. ?Do you think I should call the doctor and try to bring her back in? ?I have been giving her the medicines as directed but her ear is still in pain and her fever has been up and down.

Re: Ear Infection ?

• I would call the doctor and see if he would want to see her again.  He may say to keep up on the antibiotic to see if it clears up that way.  Our doctor also tells us to give Max Tylenol every 6 hours to help with the fevers and pain.  Max also has an ear infection so I know what you're going through :o(

Good Luck and I hope she feels better soon.

• Yeah, I would probably call, but I call our nurse line for everything! I hope Elena feels better soon.
  • Loading the player...
  • I would call, but I call ALL the time-- we've been the doctor's office three times in April, lol. But I was right each time on her being sick so I don't feel as bad. Sounds like they may need to change her medication. Leah didn't respond to amoxicillin with her last ear infection and we had to move to cefdinir. It might be as simple as something like that to clear her up.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"