Alabama Babies

Spent my day and night in the ER

From 3pm till 10pm tonight.  Hope that's the last time this pregnancy.

Long story short I thought I had an incredibly bad UTI but it turns out that sometimes between the weeks 14 and 18 due to your uterus growing can cause it to put pressure on your bladder and put a kink in your bladder which doesn't allow urine to go through.  Hurts like you know what.  I had a catheter inserted which solved the immediate discomfort and now I am on an antibiotic for the next 7 days.  They said my white blood cell count was through the roof. 

I have my 16 week checkup tomorrow (or technically later today) and I am off the rest of the week because they want me to rest and stay off my feet as much as possible.  Bonus was that I got to listen to my baby's heartbeat again but he/she kept moving around a lot so the nurse had to chase her/him around all over my belly :)  

And I just have to brag on my sweet DH who rushed to my school to take me to the ER and then stayed with me the entire time and helped make me comfortable on the couch tonight when we got home.  He has been an awesome anchor for me today especially earlier when I was in hysterics.

Re: Spent my day and night in the ER

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"