D.C. Area Babies

Very sad NOVA story..anyone know more info?

I used to live in NOVA but recently moved.  My sister sent this to me.  She works with one of the family members.  Very, very sad.....does anyone know anything else about the story?

https://www.noahsroad.com/?page_id=2

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: Very sad NOVA story..anyone know more info?

• I haven't heard about that, but I read the blog and it's beyond awful.  The thought of someone shaking a defenseless baby like that makes me sick.  Poor little boy.  I really hope he recovers.  :(
  • It makes me super mad as well. It's horrible when someone shakes a baby but a daycare provider, unbelievable Angry

That poor little boy. I hope he makes a great recovery.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I am surprised this wasn't picked up by any of the local news outlets, these type of things usually make the TV news.
  • Such a sad story.  The women Claire mentioned on the site is also part of my local Yahoo moms group and posted the following.

Dear All,
    >
    >
    >
    > On Monday, April 20th, our very close friends' five month-old Noah was shaken by his daycare provider in Alexandria, VA. Noah has been in and out of a coma since last Monday. The road ahead for our friends remains uncertain, and the tragedy of this story is undeniable.
    >
    >
    >
    > In an effort to help the Noah's parents share his journey of recovery, allow people to share their positive thoughts and prayers on his behalf, and to raise awareness of Shaken Baby Syndome, Noah's Road (https://www.noahsroa d.com) has been set up as an instrument of hope. Please share this website with your friends and ask your friends to share it with theirs. I would invite you to leave a word of encouragement and hope for Noah's loving parents. Help us harness the healing power of love and prayer to help Noah and his family to heal.
    >
    >
    >
    > Many thanks in advance.
    >
    > Claire
    >
    >

• I live in Alexandria and never heard this story. Does anyone know where it is? I am not sure if this is an in-home place or not; my guess is it is because most centers (good ones at least) have plenty of people there to stop that.

?

This is a main reason I would never use in-home child care. There is no on there but the sitter to keep an eye on everything. In Montgomery County, an in-home daycare is under investigation because her husband was molesting kids that were in their care. Disgusting.

?

- LH?

• My heart aches for the little boy and family.  Just sickening.  Who could do that?  I've not heard anything on the news either - it should be.
  • imagelhartman:

This is a main reason I would never use in-home child care. There is no on there but the sitter to keep an eye on everything. In Montgomery County, an in-home daycare is under investigation because her husband was molesting kids that were in their care. Disgusting.

Not true at all. You can not generalize in-home daycares. Unfortunately, there are bad apples in every group. DD goes to a licensed in-home facility. The DCP has an assistant with her at all times, and everyone in the household has to pass a background check and be fully vaccinated and test negative against TB, etc.

If parents do their homework & ensure that a daycare is licensed and regularly inspected, chances are they won't end up with a "bad apple."

• Such a sad event. My heart goes out to the little boy and his family.  I work at a Children's Hospital and these are the cases that tear my heart apart every time.  It's just unthinkable that anyone could shake a child!!  It makes me sooo angry.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"