Clicky Poll: Diaper Bags

Just to see if anyone is like me!  Wink
[Poll]
imageimage
6-yr-old Elena and 4-yr-old Julia.
My Blog! All about my girls and quilting

Re: Clicky Poll: Diaper Bags

• Options

When Elena was just a wee little thing, we'd bring the diaper bag EVERYWHERE.  grocery store, restaurants, you name it.

Somewhere along the way, we stopped - before Julia was born.  Thank goodness!  It was so much to carry!

I now only bring it someplace if I know I'll be gone from the car for over an hour AND the car is far away.  And usually then I don't even bring it with me -- I'll throw a diaper and a little travel pack of wipes in my purse.  I generally go to the car for diaper changes if necessary.

imageimage
    6-yr-old Elena and 4-yr-old Julia.
    My Blog! All about my girls and quilting
  • Options

95% of the time I have it with me. It's my purse, so I'd have to stuff my pockets with my phone, key's and shove my wallet somewhere. I don't know how to keep any of that stuff out of Little Dude's hands.

---- I thought this meant with the kid(s) in tow. If I leave w/out Little dude (on that rare occasion) I have a regular purse my 3 things fit in.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have a bag for work (Germ control) and a "diaper bag" and a "just my wallet and cell phone bag". I refuse to take my diaper bag when I don't have DD with me! 
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    EmerEmer member
    I said I leave it in the car, but really, it is my car.  I have a changing pad in the back, along with diapers and wipes that live in the car.  I will sometimes throw wipes in my purse, but I normally go out to the car to change them anyway.  If I feel like we might need a toy, I'll toss one in the stroller, but I really don't carry much gear these days.
  • Options

i never had a big diaper bag, i just got a bigger purse than i'd normally buy and threw wipes, diaper, burp cloths, etc in the purse.

now i have a bag that is marketed as a diaper bag but its just a big purse and its what i use as my purse, so its always with me, but i dont carry around any more baby stuff in it than i did my first bag.

• Options

Like Mollie I do not have a diaper bag, just a big bag with lots of pockets etc that I use as a purse and diaper bag.  I had a diaper bag for a few months when Aby was little but did not like it. I then went to carry big bags that were not actually diaper bags and putting a changing pad and all the other ear in it.  I always buy one with two main compartments, one side for her and one for me.

I do take that bag with me about 90% of the time. When I do not it is usually somewhere like a park where the car is very close or when I am out without Abby. I have a few small purses for when I leave the house without Abby.

• Options
    After about 6 mo I stopped using a diaper bag.  I felt like a bag lady at times and really all I need now is a diaper and a small thing of wipes in my purse (I also stash a few in my car just in case).  I do carry a big purse, but my diaper bag was too much for me.  I pretty much never carried around bottles and stuff either so all I was carrying were diapers and blankets - stuff I can keep in the car instead.
  • Options
    I only bring the diaper bag with us if we're going to be out long enough for a diaper change.  DD is pretty regular....so I don't usually worry about it.  IF we are going for several hours, then I'll bring a couple diapers and wipes.  Otherwise I don't even put it in the car. 
  • Options
    My diaper bag is also my purse, so I carry it everywhere. It is smaller, so I carry snacks, a sippy, a diaper or two, and wipes along with my wallet and phone.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"