North Carolina Babies

Any good toddler books?

Speaking of hard headed toddlers, I need to read up on dealing and trying to communicate with a toddler.  Camryn is going through a very demanding stage and it's about to drive me nuts.  She has a very similar personality to mine and DH doesn't mind telling me that all of the time.  But my mom says that I was never demanding like that at all when I was her age.  Even my mom agrees that she's being very demanding.  I'm reading The Happiest Toddler on the Block and hoping to get some advice from it.  Any other suggestions for resources? 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

My Sweet Girls

Re: Any good toddler books?

• Your situation sounds just like mine.  Everyone keeps telling me Eli has my attitude, but my mom says I was never like that at his age.  What's that all about?  Anyway, I need to read up a little too.  BackthePack mentioned a good book below that sounds like a good read.  And I've heard alot of people refer to HTOTB. 

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I don't have any suggestions, but I am sorry she is giving you a hard time. For the most part, I found Baby 411 to be helpful, even if I didn't agree with everything in it. ?There is a complementary Toddler 411 and it is from the writers of Baby Bargains, so you may look into that.
  • Loading the player...
  • I am so sorry she is giving you a hard time Wendy! The only toddler books I have read are Toddler 411 and What to Expect the Toddler Years. I found them very useful for what I needed (development), but I cannot really answer for behavior issues. Good luck!
  • The book I mentioned below (Creative Correction by Lisa Whelchel) is a great book with TONS ?of practical resources. After each chapter there is a "Toolbox" with page after page of ideas. Some may work for you, some may not. Her approach can sometimes be a little harsher than what I will probably do (they spank a LOT...I will spank, but not as frequently as it seems they did). Neverthless, I highly?reccomend this book - it's great!?

If you get this book - go straight to Chapter 10 first b/c it's specifically for Toddlers & Preschoolers.

Good luck!!?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"