Baby Showers

recap of my baby shower... plus pics

We had our shower this weekend too & we also got everything we needed...  i know this is asked alot so here goes...we had 2 registries, BRU & Buy Buy Baby and EVERYTHING was purchased, it seemed like everyone bought a necessity off the registry & then a couple of outfits.  We registered for all our big-ticket items, including furniture.  Dhs family bought us the furntiure, and everything else, groups of friends pooled together to get us the stroller, car seats, etc.  We registered for all price ranges so there was something for everyone.  I've been so tempted to buy stuff and buy clothes for the baby, but we got tons & tons & tons og outfits, onesies, blankets... We even got close to $1k in cash & gift cards!  I am in the process of sorting thru everything to see what needs to be returned and exchanged, but we don't have to buy anything.  We had about 50 people there (at a restaurant) and it lasted about 3.5 hours.  The hostess requested "adults only" on the invitation, so there were no kids & no one seemed offended.  They made rubber ducky sugar cookies and also wrapped purse-size umbrellas as favors with a cute ribbon & tag.  The "cake" was a cupcake tower with duckys... sooo adorable.

So my advice to everyone is register for everything, even if you don't get it, BRU or wherever you register at will most likely send you a completion coupon for the stuff left over anyway.  If you know you're getting a shower try to hold off on buying stuff beforehand.. you might get what you need, but if you don't you can return stuff for credit.  Below are a few pics my friend sent me:

https://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=8IaOXDZs1asWK  

Re: recap of my baby shower... plus pics

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"