candm:I marked other. We had some fertility troubles including a previous m/c, but felt confident we could/would still get pg when we started our adoption. We did some fertility treatments prior to accepting our referral, but took a medically induced break 4 months before we got our referral (I had a myomectomy surgery). Then we decided we would weight to resume IF treatment until after our kids were home. I found out I was pg 4 days after accepting our referral.
Wow. Just. Wow. That's amazing.
We discussed before TTC that if we couldn't conceive on our own, we would bypass fertility treatments and go straight to adoption. We had no issues getting pregnant, it was the adoption that was the surprise.
When I was 5 months pregnant my sister gave birth. The baby tested positive for meth and was placed in foster care (after the entire family scrambled and could not find a suitable option immediately). My sister worked toward getting her baby back for 4.5 months, but got into trouble (unrelated to drug use) and was incarcerated. Social services decided to potentially pursue having the baby adopted to a foster family. At this time I had just given birth to my DS wasn't in a position to step in, plus my DH and I discussed that we didn't want to do anything temporary--we only wanted to take her if we could adopt.
Within a few weeks we found out that she would be placed for adoption and we requested that she be placed with us (after talking extensively with family and figuring out who would be the best to take her). Within a couple months our DD came home. The adoption is expected to be finalized on May 20.
your stories are all so heartbreaking and amazing.
We're just doing the basic tests - but won't do anything to pursue fertility if it comes up that there are issues. I have endo (a "textbook case" apparently) and cysts that are bad but not quite PCOS. I'm having blood drawn to check my progesterone on Monday and at some point I'll schedule an HSG. Then the next blood test, and a follow up sonogram...in the midst of all of this, Husband gets porn and a cup. There is injustice there, I'm sure of it. So by June we'll know if we've just had bad timing or if there's something physically interfering. But like I said, we won't do any hormones or procedures after that.
I go home to Dallas for two weeks in July and when I come back we do our FBI checks, physicals, and Homestudies. I like the idea of having what my aunt calls "Existential Twins" but I know that isn't always possible. It's still my Best Case Scenario. :-)
I voted "other". As I've shared before, I am a cancer survivor x three. I have a rare cancer that feeds off of new blood vessels. Needless to say, maternity would be a great "feeding" ground for tumor cells. My husband, my oncolgist, and I do not think it is prudent for me to attempt to carry a baby. I am not sure if I could get pregnant but if I did it would be a scary time...for a few years since the mets don't always show up right away.