North Carolina Babies

XP: Could this be something?

I'm on day 7 of Provera and, for the past couple days, I've been having a dull ache in my lower abdomen.  It comes and goes and is sometimes only on the left.  It's almost cramp-like, but not quite.

Could my body be preparing to do something?  Or is this just wishful thinking?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: XP: Could this be something?

• I honestly don't remember if I had any cramping like that at all.  But I would think it's entirely possible.  Is this your first time taking it?  Are you on a 10 day dose? 

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • It is my first time taking it and it's a 10 day dose.  I'm so confused on when I could expect my withdrawal bleed, too.  The nurse said some people get it before stopping the Provera (which kinda doesn't make sense to me), and I've also heard it could happen anywhere from a couple of days off to 10-14 days off.  Any thoughts on that?

• Loading the player...
  • From what was explained to me, if you start bleeding during the Provera, then it's not the meds that are making you bleed, you really started AF on your own, coincidentally.  Because it is the withdrawl that makes you bleed.  I can't remember exactly, but for me it was several days after my last pill.  But less than a week.  And remember that it's not a true AF, meaning you don't ovulate, it just forces you to shed your lining.  I know alot of people have that confusion. 

How long has this cycle been?  How long have you been off BC?  I'm just curious.

• I've been off BC since the end of Nov. '08 (started that withdrawal bleed aka AF 12/2).  Haven't had anything since, so I'm currently on CD 150.  I waited entirely too long before I called my doctor.  I just assumed it was taking me awhile to adjust to going off BC.  Turns out I'm not ovulating.  So, I'm hoping Provera will give me a withdrawal bleed so I can start Clomid and get this show on the road! :)

• Well GL!  I took Provera twice, after 2 cycles over 60 days long.  They were hoping that would kick start my system, but then the next cycle went that long too, so we started getting tested. I wasn't ovulating either and ended up using Femara, and got pg on our second try!  I hope the Clomid works well for you, keep us posted!

• Thanks for your help and well-wishes, Mikey!  I'll def. keep you posted!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"