Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

Partial molar pregnancy?

turns out that's what I had.  Just found that out today.  I'm off tomorrow for what sounds like the first of many blood draws. 

While I'm happy to know what actually happened, I'm feeling a bit distressed at the possibilities of what *else* could go wrong.  Anyone have a story or info to share?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Yes,I'm smiling...I'm a marathoner!
Bloggy McBloggerson
CO Nestie Award Winner-Prettiest Brain-Back to Back!
2011 Bests
5K-22:49 10K-47:38 Half Mary-1:51:50
2012 Race Report
1/1-New Year's 5K-22:11
2/11-Sweetheart Classic 4-mile-29:49
3/24-Coulee Chase 5K-21:40
5/6-Colorado Marathon-4:08:30
5/28-Bolder Boulder 10K

Re: Partial molar pregnancy?

• Options

I'm so sorry for your loss, and now this news, as well.  I varied in how I felt about it, but one moment I felt completely screwed and very upset, and the next I was relieved that something *this* wrong caused us to lose the baby.  It is a roller coaster of emotions.

I don't have any information in my (nonexistent) footer but I had a PMP dx'd in March (D&C March 5th).  Still waiting for hCG to be negative, hopefully in a few weeks...

There are several women on this board who have PMP or CMP and can be a resource for you if you have questions.  There are also some good links for medical info online and the BabyCenter board is incredibly supportive.

The thing to remember is that hCG in most PMPs comes down all on its own (and, in fact, the same is true for CMPs).  If the numbers plateau or go up, you need to take chemo.  One of the women on this board was in that situation but in general, it is not the norm.

Again, I am sorry for your loss.  Take care of yourself.

• Options

I agree with pp completly.  It is a rolar coaster of emotions.  Have you sat down with your doctor yet to have her explain her expectations of treatment?  Each doctor is different.

Here is my story- I had a D&C on nov 6th and was diagnosed with a pmp a few weeks later when the pathology report came back.  I had to do weekly blood draws until they reached zero.  It was about a month- so seven weeks after my D&C when it hit zero.  After they hit zero I had to do monthly draws for six months, until we could TTC again.  We are allowed to start TTCing again may 1st- this friday, I am so excited. 

If you have any questions at all let me know.  There is quite a few pmp ladies out there- we used to do updates quite often, but got lazy.  Some of us are going through weekly blood draws still, some monthly, and some of us are at the TTCAL stage.  Its a great group of very supportive women, dont be afraid to ask us a 'dumb' question.  I've got some links on pmp information, there isnt too much info out there- its all pretty repetitive.

https://www.molarpregnancy.co.uk/index.html

https://www.obgyn.net/women/women.asp?page=/women/articles/molarpreg_dah

I thought I had more links, I must not have book marked them all.  However qos410 has alot of links.  Also, you can sort through old posts titled pmp ladies to get alot of info, or back stories.

Sorry you are going through all this, we are all here for you  ((BIG HUGS))

***** TTCAL/Forever Buddy to Cour10e******
    -m/c at 11w2d due to partial molar 2008 -m/c #2 2009
    Beautiful daughter born February 2011
    **Ultimate TTCALer 2009**

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    SuzPSuzP member

I am so sorry you are having to join our little group.  I can't add too much more than what has already been said.  It's definitely a roller coaster, and not a fun one. 

My pmp was suspected via a u/s on 12/12, I had my d&c on 12/16.  My hcg levels initially started going down.  The lowest they got was 400 something and then I had two weeks where they started going back up.  So off to the gynecological oncologist for me and the official gestational trophoblastic disease diagnosis.  I ended up having four rounds of chemo (actinomycin-d).  My levels actually normalized after the first two but my oncologist likes to do two treatments beyond normalization just for good measure.  It has now been a month since my last treatment.  I have two more weekly blood draws then I'll switch to bi-weekly for a month, then I get to go to monthly until April of 2010. I can't ttc again until then either. Or at least that's the plan right now.  I'm hoping that after a few months of zero maybe he'll change his mind and change it to six months for ttc rather than a year.

I will say now that I'm on the other side, that while the initial shock of having to do the chemo was scary.  It wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be.  That's not to say I didn't have rough days, because I definitely did.  But in my case it resolved quickly with the chemo. 

Again, I am so sorry for your loss. If you have any questions please let us know. 

Sending big hugs your way. 

Suzanne
    Mama to Lewis Elijah-11/18/05
    and Evangeline Mae - 12/06/07
    and two angels 3/17/07 at 5w and 12/16/08 - 11w partial molar pregnancy with bonus chemo
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Best Kind to Have-blog
  • Options

taratru:  so sorry you are joining us.  Big hugs to you.  As if the m/c wasn't enough, the mp diagnosis adds to the hurt and confusion.  It is a lot to wrap your head around initially.

My story is that we thought we had a very normal pregnancy (saw/heard the heartbeat 2X), then thought we had a "normal m/c" (however normal that can be)  I elected to m/c naturally.  No D&C for me.  The m/c did not go well.  I lost way to much blood and ended up in the hospital.  They ran path report from tissue collected at the hospital.  My diagnosis was "questionable possible partial molar pregnancy"  There was a lot of health tissue with some questionable tissue.  My OB wasn't conviced it was a pmp, until it took so long for my numbers to go down.

Approx. 2 weeks post m/c I was 254, then 98, 52, 40, 28, 19, 15, 9, 7, <5, or something like that.

Here is a list of names for our little group for a refrence: 

Emma, SuzP, qos410, Barb0674, Jewels05, tnshall, eeise01, res4j, renea&wesley, piper3, JusJen1, taratru.

Again, sending hope and comfort to you as you try to figure out this journey!

• Options

Thank you so much for your kind words, girls.  It really is kind of hard to wrap my head around all of this. 

My story is that I had some bleeding on 4/10.  The u/s showed the baby about 2 weeks behind where it should have been and I had rock solid dates.  I saw a h/b at that time.  A week later, no hb.  I had the d&c on 4/17.  A few days of bleeding (and crying) and I was fine.

Yesterday she gave me the diagnosis of pmp - which is great because it answered questions for me.  She talked about getting the level down to zero, waiting two full cycles before ttc again.  However, this morning I started passing lots of tissue and blood and I'm a little stressed.  AND of course, I'm teaching right now - well, they're working independently - so I can't make a phone call. Ugh!

Anyway, thank you for your comments and information.  I certainly feel better knowing there's a positive outcome coming.  Smile

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Yes,I'm smiling...I'm a marathoner!
    Bloggy McBloggerson
    CO Nestie Award Winner-Prettiest Brain-Back to Back!
    2011 Bests
    5K-22:49 10K-47:38 Half Mary-1:51:50
    2012 Race Report
    1/1-New Year's 5K-22:11
    2/11-Sweetheart Classic 4-mile-29:49
    3/24-Coulee Chase 5K-21:40
    5/6-Colorado Marathon-4:08:30
    5/28-Bolder Boulder 10K
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"