Austin Babies
Options

My other issue with stocking up on Tamiflu

Sorry to make my own post about this, but I have to get this out. So far at work - one 12 hour shift - we tested 20 people for symptoms. Fever, cough, sore throat and body ache are the key triggers - but fever with almost any other symptom was pretty much a "swabbable" condition.

NONE OF THEM HAD SWINE FLU. Or any flu for that matter.

So they each would have wasted their $100 prescription of Tamiflu if they chose to stay at home and just take the medication from their "Stockpile".

Point in case, if you are sick enough to need the med, go see a doctor - they will accurately diagnose you and medicate you appropriately. Additionally, by reporting to your doctor (or any medical care center) You will allow the CDC to track this vital information which could aid in their research and future prevention etc.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: My other issue with stocking up on Tamiflu

• Options
    imageTaytee:

Sorry to make my own post about this, but I have to get this out. So far at work - one 12 hour shift - we tested 20 people for symptoms. Fever, cough, sore throat and body ache are the key triggers - but fever with almost any other symptom was pretty much a "swabbable" condition.

NONE OF THEM HAD SWINE FLU. Or any flu for that matter.

So they each would have wasted their $100 prescription of Tamiflu if they chose to stay at home and just take the medication from their "Stockpile".

Point in case, if you are sick enough to need the med, go see a doctor - they will accurately diagnose you and medicate you appropriately. Additionally, by reporting to your doctor (or any medical care center) You will allow the CDC to track this vital information which could aid in their research and future prevention etc.

Yes  Thank you for pointing this out!

• Options

I thought I made this on the main board. Oh well, I mostly just post here anyway!

ETA: We're actually not swabbing for flu anymore, it's a nasal "wash". So they squirt saline up your nose and suck it out. Fun...

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Very good point and much agreed!!!   
  • Options
    totally agree!  there are other bugs going around right now.  ty has had a fever and cough for almost a week, but it is not the flu or swine flu.
  • Options
    i will admit that i am FREAKING out that DS might have the flu.  he has a slightly elevated temp, a cough and some diarrhea diapers and our good family friend who is a pediatric nurse is advising us NOT to fly to go to my grandma's funeral with DS tomorrow.  He has also major signs of teething, so I don't know what to do.  I don't want to panic and will be sad if our family can't see DS, but I also want to be safe for DS.  We are taking him in to the ped this afternoon and I think we'll make the final call based on his recommendation.  sorry, this is my long story to basically say I appreciate you posting this.... 
  • Options

I'm sorry! I hope your little man feels better soon.

I keep feeling DD's head like every hour to see if she has a fever. I don't deny that this is all quite scary. My reaction to the fear is just different that's all!

• Options

Thanks, Taytee.  Hang in there.  I know it's probably crazy at your work! 

• Options
    Totally agree.  And I just made a similar point on my post in the other thread.  We need to keep our heads about us and not panic and over-react.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"