North Carolina Babies

XP: 4 under 2 from 6-12 mo board

Wow...and I thought my fear of finding out whether I'm having one or twins was scarey.  I can't even imagine finding out we're having triplets.

https://community.thebump.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/15023045.aspx

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: XP: 4 under 2 from 6-12 mo board

• OMG!  is all I can say...wow that will be a lot to handle.
  • I would be freaked out, and I don't know if I could say I would be happy about that news. She is going to have her hands full, I hope she has a helpful DH.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Indifferent and why don't we have a emoticon of a gun?

• I would be praying constantly for 9 months for God to grant me all sorts of patience...  Just the idea of having 2 children is overwhelming to me.  I cannot imagine having 4 under 2.  I'd have to go into therapy.
  • I saw that this morning. God bless her for being excited- I would've burst into tears if someone told me that I was pregnant with unplanned triplets when I already had a baby. I honestly just can't even imagine.
  • I have to laugh at everyone's responses, esp. Mikey's. It is SO funny, because before I had a baby, I would have been like, ohhh...how wonderful, every baby is a blessing, you are so fortunate, now, I'm with Mikey...pass me the gun.
  • First off, Wow!  Second off, I'm trying to do the math.  She is 14 weeks and her kid is 8 months old so she got pg with TRIPLETS when she was about 5 months pp? 

Crazy.  She will be on bedrest soon too which sucks bc her kid is 8 months old.  Other than that I think it's awesome!

• It will be very close to 4 under 1 I would think. ?That is just crazy. ?I hope she has lots of love, support and help!
  • imageEvans:
    It will be very close to 4 under 1 I would think.  That is just crazy.  I hope she has lots of love, support and help!

I think you are right because she would be about 30 weeks.  30 weeks with Triplets I would think is pretty close to maxing it out especially when you just had a kid.  She is going to be busy, busy!

• imagedbertagni:
    I have to laugh at everyone's responses, esp. Mikey's. It is SO funny, because before I had a baby, I would have been like, ohhh...how wonderful, every baby is a blessing, you are so fortunate, now, I'm with Mikey...pass me the gun.

Haha, ditto!  My hats off to any mommies of multiples - you are all heroes in my book! :)

Rachel & Bill 9-10-05, Liam Andrew born 5-30-08 (formerly lakebride05)
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagejenhum:
    I saw that this morning. God bless her for being excited- I would've burst into tears if someone told me that I was pregnant with unplanned triplets when I already had a baby. I honestly just can't even imagine.

ditto. dying, dying, dead. OMG. i would absolutely die.

• Thanks Ladies, it makes me feel so much better about having triplets. And I'm not trying to be a nasty, I'm so tired of those comments. Just think every  time I go out I have to hear that about a hundred time. And my personal fav is better you then me.
  • imageancjph:
    Thanks Ladies, it makes me feel so much better about having triplets. And I'm not trying to be a nasty, I'm so tired of those comments. Just think every  time I go out I have to hear that about a hundred time. And my personal fav is better you then me.

I'm really sorry if my comment bothered you.  I really do mean it when I say that I can't even imagine having a 2nd child right now, so the idea of having 3 at once is completely overwhelming for me.  But, I know that God doesn't give us more than we can handle and we find a way.  I'm sorry if our comments touched a nerve for you.  I can imagine that the constant comments get old very fast for you.

• imageancjph:
    Thanks Ladies, it makes me feel so much better about having triplets. And I'm not trying to be a nasty, I'm so tired of those comments. Just think every  time I go out I have to hear that about a hundred time. And my personal fav is better you then me.

I'm sorry this post made you feel bad although honestly I don't know why it did.  I do feel it would be scarey to have an infant and find out you're pg with triplets.  It would be very overwhelming and I would probably have a heart attack. 

• Overwhelmed, yes all the time, but you have to understand how it makes us feel moms of multiples that is. Did I or any of us ask to be a freak show, No. Oh the stories I could tell you about crazy people. But another subject for another day. You don't thing the poor thing is scared enought to have 4 kids but have to hear comments about killing yourself, because you couldn't handle it. I cried for weeks when they told us we were having triplets. And it didn't help with the things other people had to say about it. But all I'm asking is to please think about it before you speak. I love you ladies I really do.
  • imageancjph:
    Overwhelmed, yes all the time, but you have to understand how it makes us feel moms of multiples that is. Did I or any of us ask to be a freak show, No. Oh the stories I could tell you about crazy people. But another subject for another day. You don't thing the poor thing is scared enought to have 4 kids but have to hear comments about killing yourself, because you couldn't handle it. I cried for weeks when they told us we were having triplets. And it didn't help with the things other people had to say about it. But all I'm asking is to please think about it before you speak. I love you ladies I really do.

And thanks for taking this to ANOTHER board to hash out.

• Well I'll shut my fat mouth. Thanks Again ladies.
  • imageancjph:
    Overwhelmed, yes all the time, but you have to understand how it makes us feel moms of multiples that is. Did I or any of us ask to be a freak show, No. Oh the stories I could tell you about crazy people. But another subject for another day. You don't thing the poor thing is scared enought to have 4 kids but have to hear comments about killing yourself, because you couldn't handle it. I cried for weeks when they told us we were having triplets. And it didn't help with the things other people had to say about it. But all I'm asking is to please think about it before you speak. I love you ladies I really do.

Wow..honestly I think you're reading way more into this than you should.  I'm sure she's feeling scared and overwhelmed.  But nobody has made her a "freak show" but commenting that we would feel freaked out if they found this out.  I have just as much a right to feel freaked out by the thought of finding out I might have triplets when I have an 11 mo old (and given that my u/s was today, have multiples was a concern on my mind).  I'm not going to apologize for my feelings that the thought of having 4 under 2 (and under 18 mo at that) is scarey.  Or that it would give me a heart attack. 

My mom's friend had triplets after having a son and it is overwhelming, shocking and scarey -- these were all things she sad herself.

Crazy people you've encountered has nothing to do with someone having an infant and finding out they're having triplets.

• I'm going to say I'm sorry for any drama it was not my intention at all.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"