Blended Families
Options

Making things harder than they need to be??

lol...I can't help it - this woman almost asks for it! So we had the visitation and custody transferred to BM's state for review and of course to make a LOT of changes. Our CS hearing was March 5th and in BM's state, they require DH to pay the state, not BM and then BM has to go to the courthouse every single month, stand in line and sign for her check in order to get it.

So...since DH used to have an alotment set up to her, he had to stop it but it couldn't be stopped in time for April so BM was paid for April via alotment still. (because the money comes out like a month in advance) So then the state sends DH a letter saying "Oh you need to get that money BACK from BM and send it to US for April..." (Yeah ok...do you think BM is going to give back or even HAVE any of the April CS anymore?? No...) So all our attorney needed was for BM to pick up the phone and say "Yes, I was paid for April" (even though we have the proof that she was) Well, BM wouldn't answer or return any of our attorney's calls just to answer the question and she wouldn't answer CS enforcement's calls either.

What happens by law next? There has to be a "court date" proving DH paid BM for April. But luckily we don't have to go. However, our attorney had to file for ANOTHER court date in May, just to say to the judge, "Hey judge, here's the proof that he paid and BM just wouldn't answer or return anyone's repeated phone calls so that's why we're here today..." Attorney filed for the court date and of course, had BM served via the sheriff about the new court date...the kicker is, BM got served with that within 24hrs of getting served with visitation and custody paperwork (and that's when she had 16yo SS call DH cussing at him because "DH sent the sheriff to their house TWICE"...uhhh no, "DH" didn't, but anyway...) and she also got the cease and desist in the mail in that same time frame.

Get with it BM. Quit being such a nightmare and do you get it now?? LEAVE us ALONE!! We only deal with you because of the boys - not because we're obsessed with you like you're obsessed with DH!!! Grow up!

Re: Making things harder than they need to be??

• Options

Sorry you are dealing with this, our situation is sticky right now to and I have the same thoughts. LOL We have a meeting set up with our lawyer tomorrow to ask a few questions about changing our agreement.

We to have better things to do and deal with than BM, Good luck and sending thoughts that it gets better! Smile

I wish BM would realize this is about the child not her, we could give a rip about her, we just want whats best for the child.

• Options
    My thoughts exactly. And I wish she'd quit messing the kids up in the head...it's getting worse and worse for them. Something else that will be addressed and handled shortly...
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    LOL, that's funny she got served and got all those notices at once, I love it! Just like a sundae with a cherry on top! Stick out tongue
  • Options
    MrsHKMrsHK member

imagewendilea:
    It's too bad the sheriff didn't have a hidden camera - I'd love to see the look on her face and she got served one after the other!

That would be so funny. Ugh, this woman is just seriously ill. Does she even have a lawyer? I think I remember you saying before she comes to court without one. Will the lawyer's not even touch her? I assume she just too far trapped in her world of crazy to believe she'd need one.

Proverbs 12:10 "A righteous man cares for the needs of his animals ChipMonkey 3/19/08 *** Turtle 1/26/10 *** CarBear 10/06/11
  • Options

I'm not sure what she thinks - CS enforcement stood by with her last time (they showed up at the last minute) but they didn't really do anything for her except stand there. Nothing needed to be "enforced" per se because DH has always and will always pay his CS the way he's supposed to. So it was almost comical - then the CS enforcement person did try to say that DH makes like $100,000/year which is WAYYYY off base but apparently that's what BM told them (and they failed to look at the paperwork...idiots...) Who knows if she'll actually show up with an attorney at the visitation/custody hearing - we're working with our attorney to get a date for that next!

But anyway, yeah, our whole family said they would have loved to have  been a fly on the wall when she got served with all of this stuff, plus getting the cease and desist via certified mail. She's done it to herself, so if she wants to be mad with someone, she should look in the mirror.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"