Austin Babies
Options

I'm so bloated! (any 2nd time mom advice?)

My previously roomy jeans feel snug already with all this damn bloat. Does this go away soon? Or will it go away and just give way to real belly? I'm going to feel really silly if I'm wearing maternity jeans at 8 weeks!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: I'm so bloated! (any 2nd time mom advice?)

• Options
    EmerEmer member
    Sorry, but it's probably here to stay.  I was in maternity by that time, too Tongue Tied   I can't remember when it started looking like a bump and not bloat.
  • Options

i started out like that then i got so sick that i lost the bloat and about 10 other pounds.  i'm not sure if it would have stuck around had i not gotten wicked morning sickness.

tons of moms are in maternity clothes suuper early the 2nd time.  don't feel silly!!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Mine stuck around.  I had to wear only my baggy clothes starting around 8 weeks.  I was then in maternity pants by about 10-12 weeks this PG. Tongue Tied  With Abby I was not in maternity clothes  until much later, around 16-18 weeks.
  • Options
    Wear them!! They'll be much more comfortable. I feel like I started wearing maternity clothes right around that time with this pregnancy, whereas with my first pregnancy, I didn't wear maternity until around 19 weeks. My belly got bigger SO much more fast this time around.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I bloated up pretty quickly (9lbs in the first couple weeks).  When I got to weeks 8-13 I found that I was not nearly as bloated but that was the prime time for my M/S too so eating was a bit more difficult and the water weight did back down a bit, I think I went down 4 or 5 lbs.  I did start wearing maternity pants around 10 or 12 weeks, mostly because things were uncomfortable on my belly. Good luck, no need to be a hero and try to hold off on maternity clothes, especially since you already have them!! 
  • Options
    I went straight from bloat to bump. I was wearing maternity pants by 8 weeks. I say wear whatever feels most comfortable!
    Kimberly, DH Monte, Angel baby 10/06, Angel twin 7/07, Rhett Kaden, our IVF miracle, born 3/23/08, Mason Robert & Wyatt David, our FET miracles, born 8/2/09 at 36 weeks, 3 days
    Our Blog

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"