Austin Babies
Options

Toys/distractions for 11 month old

Help!  We are going on a 2 hour flight during DS's AWAKE time on Friday (last minute- my grandma died).  He can barely make it through an hour of church.... Any recommendations for things we can do to distract him during the flight?  All he wants is down to crawl everywhere and things generally only hold his attention for a few minutes... I am worried!  I'm thinking about trying to get a few cheapie "new" things tomorrow and see how long they keep his attention.  What did/does your DC like at 11 months?

I'd appreciate any advice you can give about traveling with squirmy worm crawlers this age.... Confused

Re: Toys/distractions for 11 month old

• Options

uuugh...that was probably the hardest flying time w/ jack. lemme think.

we had a few books, LOADS of his favorite snacks (that we kept hidden for a week before hand), i can't remember anything else right now. he really liked opening and shutting the window blind and turning the overhead lights on and off. 

good luck!

• Options
    Thanks, mcurban!  I am laughing because i can totally see DS playing with the overhead lights and window shutter.... totally up his alley.  Thanks for the advice.  We'll pack some food goodies for sure.  Wish us luck! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    just wanted to say good luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    EmerEmer member

I'm stealing this from taffy, but a box of kleenex is awesome.  You can just stuff some in a ziploc if you don't want to carry a box.  He can pull them all out and then you stuff them back in and do it all over again.  DD also liked the safety card at that age :)

Good luck!

• Options
    Sorry, no advice.  Just wanted to say sorry about your grandma - hope your trip goes well.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Kennedy Clover 7.14.08, Atalie Ryan 1.25.10
  • Options

Kleenex as mentioned before.  Post-it notes. You can color on them, use them as puppets, stick them on seats and trays.  I once stuck one on my bangs and shook my head back and forth for 10 minutes, just because it made him giggle and sit still.  Retractable name badges and/or tape measurers (there are some at the dollar spot at target right now).  The barf bag which can be a container to put things and pull them out again and can also be a puppet, and the other things in the seatback pockets.  On several flights we took a melissa and doug hidden picture puzzle with the doors that open.  I'd hide cheerios in the doors so he could find the cheerios and also the hidden pictures.

Sorry for your loss!

• Options

I am so sorry for your loss and have nothing too add but it looks like you have a great list of things.  We've only travelled with DS up to 10 mo and he would still sleep most of the trip. 

Taffy- OMG I am totally saving this post so that I know what to bring with me on trips next time!!! Thanks.

• Options

Sorry to hear about your grandmother. Sad

For the past few months one of Claire's favorite toys is her set of stacking cups.  They are Munchkin brand and you can find them at Target in the baby bath stuff area.  She loves to bang them together, bang them on tables, bang them on me, chew on them, etc.  :)  I also entertain her in the car for long periods of time using an old burp cloth to play peek-a-boo or tug of war (we have to go to Dallas every few weeks, and I sit in the back with her to help keep her happy).  She's also still likes her linking rings - I swing them in front of her while she tries to grab them, or we tug them back and forth.

Good luck!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"